8) hidden feelings

It was the next day at school after last night's events and Lyla was currently at her locker talking to her best friend Erica before they headed off to class.

"You, sure you're okay after last night" Erica asked her. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be" Lyla asked her.

"Just being trapped in a school when Derek Hale is trying to kill my best friend when he already killed three people" Erica said. "He didn't kill them Scott lied" Lyla said.

"Oh, why did he lie" Erica asked, and Lyla knew she believed her. "Beats me" Lyla told her.

"Speaking of which look who's coming over" Erica said and Scott and Stiles came over. "Hey Lyla" Stiles said and Lyla slapped them both.

"Did you just slap me" Stiles asked. "What was that for" Scott asked.

"You know what that was for" Lyla said. "Okay we deserved that" Stiles said. "Glad you agree" Lyla told them. "See you guys at lunch" Lyla said before leaving.

>>>

Lyla went to the lacrosse practice to watch her brother when she happened to notice Scott seemed off.

"Hey, is everything okay with Scott" Erica asked her when she sat next to her. "I'm not sure" Lyla told her truthfully. Soon the practice started, and Erica and Lyla watched.

Lyla saw Scott run into Danny a little too hard. "Danny" Lyla yelled as she made her way to him. "Are you okay" Lyla asked him.

"Hey Lyla, I'll be fine" Danny told her, and she nodded.

>>>

Later that night Lyla spent most of the day with Jackson and making sure Danny was okay and Lyla didn't want to deal with Scott after being under the full moon's influence.

She was currently in her room just watching a movie when she felt a gust of wind. She looked to see no other than Derek Hale.

She couldn't believe her eyes that he was alive, and she couldn't help but run to him and hug him. He seemed surprised at first, but he eventually hugged her back.

"You're okay" Lyla said once she pulled away. "Yeah, I'm okay" Derek said. "I was so worried" Lyla told him.

"You were" Derek asked her. "Yeah of course why wouldn't I be we're friends right" Lyla asked him even though she wished they were more than that. "Yeah right" Derek said hesitantly wishing the same as Lyla.

"Is everything okay" Lyla asked him. "Yeah, everything's fine I uh heard the alpha captured you but he didn't kill you" Derek said.

"Yeah, he did" Lyla told him. "Why didn't he" Derek asked. "Your guess is as good as mine" Lyla told him. "Well, I'm glad you're okay" Derek said. "And why is that" Lyla asked him.

"Cause I do care about you it would kill me to see you hurt" Derek said making Lyla blush.

Derek saw her blush after realizing what he said had affected her. And for a moment, Derek knew she felt the same way as her heart sped up and he was happy to see she liked him more than a friend.

But he was scared to let her in he couldn't lose anybody else.

But not being with her not being able to kiss her it almost seems like it be worth it. Instead, Derek told her to get some rest and left through the window.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.