4) Abomination

Lyla, Erica, and Issac were all training at the train station with Derek while Boyd stayed off to the side.

They were all failing miserably as they got knocked down every time. "Does anyone wanna try not being predictable" Derek asked and then Erica jumped on him going to kiss him, but he pushed her off before she could.

"That's the last time you do that" Derek said. "Why because I'm a beta" Erica asked.

"No because I'm into Lyla" Derek said. "You break her heart your dead" Erica said. "Are we done" Issac asked.

"I got about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal" Issac said.

Derek nodded going to him breaking one of his bones while Lyla flinched. "A hundred and one" Derek said. "You think I'm teaching you how to fight huh" Derek asked.

"Look at me I'm teaching you how to survive" Derek said walking away.

"If they wanted us dead, why aren't they coming for us now" Lyla asked. "What are they waiting for" Issac asked.

"I don't know but their planning something and you and Lyla especially know that's not our only problem whatever that thing is killed Issacs's father I think it killed someone else last night until I find out what it is you all need to learn everything that I know as fast as I can teach you" Derek said and Lyla managed to get up.

"Oh, one more thing" Derek said going to Lyla kissing her on the lips shocking everyone including Lyla.

He pulled away and looked at her. "You're staying with me" Derek said and then dragged Lyla with him while she had a confused look and she looked at Erica who shrugged.

>>>

Lyla was at her locker when Jackson stormed over to her angry yelling "What did you do huh what did you do" Jackson asked pinning her to the locker.

"Nothing, nothing I swear" Lyla said. "Jackson what's gotten into you" Lyla asked.

"You made me weak you know that you made me weak" Jackson said, and Lyla fought back the tears.

"You know we may be brother and sister at home but here just pretend you don't know me I am done with you" Jackson said storming off and Lydia must have saw as she came over with Allison.

"Lyla what happened Lyla" Lydia asked her. "I don't, I don't, I don't know" Lyla said letting the tears fall as Lydia embraced her in a hug.

"What happened" Allison asked. "Jackson came over angry saying I made him weak and accused me of doing something and then he told me to pretend I don't know him" Lyla said.

"I'm so sorry Lyla" Allison said, and Lyla nodded while Lydia tried to calm her down.

>>>

Later that night Lyla stayed mostly with Derek and Erica not wanting to see Jackson at home. Erica came back with Stiles before joining her with Derek.

Noticing she was out of it she linked her arm with Lyla's giving her a small smile and Lyla smiled back.

Derek must have noticed as he looked at Lyla smiling a little so no one but her would see and looked back at Stiles. "Stiles" Derek said. "Derek, Lyla" Stiles said.

"What did you see at the mechanics garage" Derek asked. "Uh several alarming EPA violations that I'm seriously considering reporting " Stiles said before Derek clawed the air out of the basketball.

"Let's try that again" Derek said. "Not gonna lie that was pretty hot" Lyla said, and Stiles looked at her like she was crazy while Derek smirked.

"Alright the thing was pretty slick looking um skin was dark kind of patterned uh I think I actually saw scales" Stiles said. "Is that enough" Stiles asked.