Time jump

Years have passed since Monroe and the passing of Lyla's biological father Deucalion Gerrardo.

After the supernatural events have calmed down as best as they could for Beacon Hills and all. After all nothing stays quiet for too long.

Derek and Lyla got married at a church only inviting their closest friends and family.

Lyla decided to hyphenate her last name. But instead of using Whittemore she took her father's last name in a way to honor him after he sacrificed his life for his daughter.

Lyla was now known as Lyla Gerrardo- Hale. Don't get her wrong she will always be a Whittemore, but she wanted to honor Deucalion and what better way to do that but to carry his name with her.

Derek and Lyla had a little girl and they decided to call her Talia after Derek's mother. Jackson alongside

Lydia visited Lyla and Derek every chance they could. They both loved having a niece.

Even though they were still a little weirded out that they are both related to Lyla considering that Jackson and Lydia used to go out.

But regardless they both loved Lyla equally the same and made the best of it.

Scott and Malia eventually got married alongside Stiles and Lydia. Lydia was currently pregnant with a girl and Scott and Malia decided to travel first before having kids.

Cora often visited Derek and Lyla too alongside Peter even though Lyla still didn't fully trust him after he nearly killed Scott multiple times.

Through all of the drama and the bombshells, secrets and lies the two always stayed alongside each other no matter how bad it was. They just couldn't dream of being without each other.

They were stronger together and where one goes the other follows.

Lyla and Derek Hale will always protect each other no matter the circumstances because their love is something most people would dream of.

And they wouldn't change a thing about it because love is rare and when you find that special someone you can make a connection with who you know would never leave or hurt you no matter what you hold on tight and never ever let go you will go through ups and downs but that's love and it's beautiful at least that's what Lyla always believed in anyways.

The End hope you enjoyed the story.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.