20) the nogitsune

Later that night Peter laid Lyla in Derek's room covering her up staying in the living room till Derek showed up not wanting to leave her alone.

Lyla tried to sleep but couldn't knowing Stiles left to be put in the Eichen house trying to keep everyone safe.

But deep down she knew even that wouldn't help that sooner or later the nogitsune was going to show its ugly head and she had a feeling someone was going to die, and she was going to do everything in her power to make sure that never happens.

Lyla ended up crashing at Derek's as Peter stayed in the living room checking on her every so often hoping Derek will be released soon. Then suddenly the door opened, and Derek came in.

"What are you doing here" Derek asked Peter. "I was making sure your girlfriend was okay she was here with Lydia and Allison last night and after Lydia and Allison left, she admitted some things that had been bothering her lately didn't think you want her to be alone" Peter admitted.

"Where is she" Derek asked now only concerned about Lyla. "Bedroom" Peter said about to walk out the door.

"Derek" Peter said, and Derek looked at him. "Don't lose her she's good for you" Peter said and then left while Derek went to his room, he went to Lyla shaking her a little.

Lyla fluttered her eyes as she saw Derek engaging him in a hug as soon as she saw him, and he hugged her back knowing she was worried.

They eventually broke the hug. "Peter said some things have been bothering you" Derek said. "Yeah, it's crazy" Lyla said. "Tell me" Derek said and she smiled while she did just that.

>>>

Later on, Allison, Noah, Derek, Argent, and Lyla met up at Argents place. "This is everything non-lethal I could find" Allison said.

"Take all of it" Argent said. "What's the plan here" Noah asked.

"Our best shot right now is for Derek or Lyla to try to pick up Stiles's scent at Eichen house especially if he went through something stressful there" Argent said.

"Right almost forgot about her" Allison said rolling her eyes. "Allison stop" Argent said.

"Should all four of us be going to the same place" Noah asked. "Where else has Stiles been showing up" Argent asked. "School" Lyla said.

"The hospital" Allison added. "Okay hold on we did this already he disappeared we started looking for him then walked right into a trap at the hospital" Derek said.

"He's getting us to repeat the same moves" Lyla said. "So, what do we do wait for him to come to us" Allison asked.

"We can't" Derek said. "Not if the Oni find him when the sun goes down" Lyla added.

"Scott's working on them right now with Kira" Noah said. "That's the problem we're all trying to outfox the fox" Argent said. "Listen I'll understand if anyone wants to back out" Noah said.

"I'm not going to be the first wolf to run from a fox" Derek said grabbing a weapon while Lyla did the same.

"Apparently I'm carrying a lightsaber" Argent said and Argent noticed Lyla's expression.

"Lyla what's wrong" Argent asked. "I knew" Lyla said. "What that you're a Deucalion junior already knew that" Allison said. "No, It's hard to explain but I knew it wasn't Stiles I don't know how I know but I knew before anyone else did" Lyla said.

"Could it be a hybrid thing" Noah asked. "Has to be" Lyla said. "Dad you, Lyla and Derek hit Eichen house Sheriff it's you, and me at the hospital we'll all meet at the school" Allison said.

"Okay who put her in charge" Lyla asked. "Just go with it we'll be out of here soon" Derek said.

Derek grabbed a bag going to leave with Lyla but noticed Argent grabbed a gun. "Making sure you have a few lethal options just in case" Derek asked. "I like to prepare for the worst" Argent said.

>>>

Derek, Lyla, Noah, and Allison were in Stiles's room as they looked at the chess board. "What is all of this" Argent asked. "What are these sticky notes for" Argent asked again.

"This is what Stiles used to explain to me about all of you" Noah said. "Well maybe it's a message from Stiles the real Stiles" Allison said.

"You think there's any reason my names on the king" Derek asked. "Well, you're heavily guarded though I guess the alarming details is that you're one move from being in checkmate" Noah said.

"Huh I would have thought it be Lyla" Allison said. "Allison one more word and you're grounded" Argent said.

"It's not a message from Stiles" Lyla said. "It's a threat from the nogitsune" Argent said. "He's at the loft that's what he's trying to tell us" Allison said.

"And he wants us to come there" Argent said. "Night's falling" Derek said. "This couldn't sound any more like a trap" Argent said. "I don't think it is" Noah said.

"You willing to bet on that" Lyla asked. "I think your opinion might be slightly biased Sheriff" Argent said.

"Hear me out" Noah said. "What we're dealing with here is basically someone who lacks motive no rhyme no reason right" Noah asked. "Meaning what" Argent asked.

"Our enemy is not a killer it's a trickster the killing is just a by-product" Noah said.

"If you're trying to say it won't kill us, I'm not feeling too confident about that" Derek said. "It won't it wants irony it wants to play a trick it wants a joke all we need to do is come up with a new punch line" Noah said.

"The sun is setting Sheriff" Argent said. "What do you have in mind" Argent asked.

>>>

Noah walked into the loft seeing Stiles facing the window. He turned facing Noah. "Hi dad" Stiles said.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.