14) more bad than good

Stiles and Scott went inside a coyote den after seeing it. "It's a coyote den" Stiles said. "Werecoyote" Scott added on, and Stiles picked up something.

"You see this, this is Malia's remember it's the same one she was wearing in the photo" Stiles said.

"We shouldn't be in here" Scott said. "What do you mean" Stiles asked.

"She's not going to come back now we invaded her home our scent's going to be everywhere" Scott said. "If she's not going to come back here where's she going to go" Stiles asked.

"I don't know" Scott said. "Can you track her now; you think you got her scent" Stiles asked.

"Maybe but I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf and I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back" Scott said.

"The door's still open" Stiles said. "Is Lyla still looking for Derek" Scott asked. "Last time Lydia heard anything yeah" Stiles said.

"If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help this is basically a crime scene right I think it might be a little out of my boss's league" Scott said. "And more in my dad's" Stiles said.

>>>

"You're sure it was her" Noah asked them. "I looked her right in the eyes and they glowed just like mine" Scott said.

"It makes sense dad" Stiles said. "But it wasn't a girl it was a four-legged coyote right" Noah asked them. "Well okay but yeah see that's the point that we don't exactly have figured out yet" Stiles said.

"Okay but if it was a full moon and she did change while her mom was driving then anything could've happened" Noah said.

"Horrible things could've happened ripping shredding tearing things" Stiles said. 

"Which is probably what caused, the accident" Scott said. "Think about it dad alright they're driving Malia starts to change she goes out of control the mom crashes, and everybody dies" Stiles said.

"Except for Malia" Scott added on. "She blames herself alright goes off running into the woods and eventually becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote" Stiles said.

"That makes sense" Noah said. "In a Chinese folktale, boys this is, this is insane I need this kept quiet the two of you not a word I don't want anyone hearing about this I especially don't want Mr. Tate hearing about this" Noah said and Scott had another hallucination of him killing someone. "Scott, Scott" Noah said and he snapped out of it.

"Sorry, what did you say" Scott asked, and Mr. McCall pulled up with Mr. Tate.

"Mr. Tate" Noah said once he saw Mr. Tate going towards him with Mr. McCall. "It's hers" Mr. Tate said. "Alright wait here" Mr. McCall said.

"Dad" Scott tried to say. "I'll talk to you in a minute I wouldn't mind hearing how your mom's okay with you running around in the woods this late" Mr. McCall said and he and Noah left.

>>>

Scott and Stiles met up with Allison in class hoping she could help still no word from Lyla about Derek.

"Here's where we found the den it's right in the middle of the hiking trails" Stiles said showing Allison on the tablet. "Well, that could narrow it down, coyotes travel in fixed trails, but I think you're right about her not going back to the den, coyotes don't like wolves and they're really smart, if they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes" Allison said.

"Coyotes tip toe" Stiles asked. "They tip toe" Allison said and the bell rang.

"I got to go but send me the pinned location" Allison said. "Okay" Stiles said, and she left.  As Scott was about to take his seat Kira came up to him.