16 | P A S T

It had been a few weeks since Bailee and Hotch came to an agreement on the lollipop situation

It had been a few weeks since Bailee and Hotch came to an agreement on the lollipop situation.  Bailee was allowed four a day with bonus ones depending on how many threats she had given her team or how much cursing she had done the day before. The team was very entertaining with their interactions, Hotch was still the same, but everybody could see the hints of softness when he spoke or looked at Bailee. They knew he was her favourite even when she tries to act like she was fine on her own. They notice when her anxiety started to increase, she would look for him for reassurance she was alright. They would often forget that Bailee didn't have any family, when she would open up about her past, it was short and simple answers from the way her body language changed at certain questions they would stop asking her and change the subject.

"A coffee for my sugar Mama....and a Red bull with a lollipop for my mini baby girl" Derek opens the office lair.

"You are the best. How did you get Hotch to agree?" Bailee hugs him.

"Well...there's a local case, we got called in" Derek winces at Bailee's glare.

"So he's pretty much bribing me to not say anything unprofessional to the local officers, the same station where the dude who broke my ankle came from? "Bailee's voice rises as she spoke.

"Yep. That's about it" Derek says.

"Derek don't worry about dropping me off home, Boss man and I need a talk about his bribing tactics," Bailee explains as they walk to the briefing room. She sees Hotch avoiding eye contact with her.

"Boss man, we will be talking mister, and guys depending on how the talk goes you might want to look for a new boss, you might end up Hotchless." Derek chokes on his coffee at her comment.

"Understood," Rossi says enjoying how comfortable Bailee has become with the team.

"Moving on. This is a local case. Three female victims within 48 hours of each other." Hotch explains.

"How were they killed?" Prentiss asks.

"Stabbed with a knife threw the heart" JJ reads of the file.

"Now that's a statement," Bailee says a little too loud as the team and the local officers look at her.

"What it's true, we've seen a lot of simpler ways to kill someone, stabbing someone threw the heart maybe their heart was broken by someone, they wanted the victims to feel how they did" Bailee explains, she looks up to see Hotch with a proud look on his face.

"What, did I say something wrong?" She hated the stares she was getting.

"I'm going to have to start calling you Mini profiler soon baby girl" Derek comments smiling at her.

"That's actually really clever" Rossi praises making Bailee's face grow red.

"Well done, Bailee" Hotch comments making her face ever brighter.