31 | A F L O A T

"Sir it's not that I'm not glad to be coming with you, because I am, I just don't understand why

"Sir it's not that I'm not glad to be coming with you, because I am, I just don't understand why." Bailee could hear Garcia's voice from the sofa of the plane where she was sitting. Looking out of the window she knew the team were glancing from Hotch to her, but she paid no notice. This was her first case back since Hailey's death. Her mother's death. She still couldn't believe that her boss is her actually her father. Looking at the clouds in the sky she tried to think of anything else but then she realized her first case back was teenage suicides which made her think about Liam Walsh. Shaking her head, she tried to focus on the team's conversation still looking at the sky.

"One of the aspects of an equivocal death investigation, when suicide is a probability, is an indirect personality assessment. Our victims are all internet-generation kids. There should be invaluable personal data on their computers to mine for the evaluation." Hotch explains looking to his team and then over to the sofa where Bailee was. Where his daughter was.

"If they committed suicide, evidence of it will probably be in their cyber world,"

Derek informs Garcia. After Foyet was killed Derek made Bailee move into his apartment permanently will her biological mother's death, finding out Hotch is her birth father and being taken by the same person who shot her. He knew she would bottle things up and turn to alcohol again. Since the truth was revealed and she moved in she had become the shy quiet girl again, staying in her bedroom not really listening or talking and mainly zoning out. He couldn't blame her he just wished he knew how to help her.

"So, Bailee and me are gonna snoop through dead kids computers?"

Garcia hesitantly asks worried mainly about Bailee and how she will be with this case. She had been over at Derek's most weekends trying to get Bailee out of her bed. Garcia knew it was bad when she saw every tub of lollipops Bailee owned in the trash. When Derek asked what happened he told her that they made her feel sick and couldn't look at them anymore. Garcia's heartache for the girl who ended up in the middle of a chaotic situation.

"Lucky us" Bailee whispers which clearly wasn't as quiet as she though since they whole team looked at her, but she never glanced back at them.

"We've all been over the files, let's talk about victimology."

Hotch says trying to change the subject. Ever since Hailey's death, it's as if he doesn't know how to function. Mainly because he had Jack and Bailee to think about. He wants to reach out pull her into his arms and let her cry all her emotions out. If it turns to anger, he didn't care he would let her punch, hit, and scream at him as much as she wanted to. But he couldn't when he had found her throwing up in the bathroom after the interviews were done with Strauss. They had a chat which ended with her telling him she needed space. Which he agreed too. He could see she was struggling from what the team had told him. After the funeral, the team individual took turns checking in on the young girl. He just hopes whatever bond they had could be repaired.