23 | W A L S H

TW*This chapter talks about sensitive subjects

TW*
This chapter talks about sensitive subjects.

————————————
Derek was driving back to his apartment to pick Bailee up, thinking over a way to start the conversation. His anger towards Hotch hadn't calmed down in the slightest how could he say to her that we didn't care? She had made coming to work at stupid hours in the morning seem not as bad. The difficult cases weren't as intense when she was around, her energy would boost their own to get the case done and find the Unsub. Making it to his apartment he heard her phone going off, and her groaning either from the loud noise or the hangover she must have. Stepping into his spare bedroom he stood at the door leaning on the frame. "Morning Princess"

"Derek?" Bailee questions still half asleep.

"Yup. Can we talk?" Derek wants to chat with her before informing her about the case. He needed to make sure she knew what hotch said was wrong.

"If it's a lecture, I'm good" Bailee states sitting up on the bed.

"It's not. I'm not mad at you for drinking. Concerned yes but not mad" Derek walks into the room sitting on the end of the bed.

Bailee scoffs "Sure"

"It's true. Whatever Hotch said was a lie. I care Bailee you are my little sister whether you like it or not. So every time you're in trouble I will be here even if you don't believe me, I'm right here."

Bailee nods her head "You were my first friend, apart from Pennie, you made me feel safe for once in my life"

"You are safe with me. I won't stop you from drinking because I know you won't but please lower the limit I don't want you going down that path" Derek hold out his pinkie for her.

Bailee looks at his pinkie and then back at him "This isn't you needing me for a case is it"

Derek sighs "I'm not going to lie to you Hotch does want to talk to you about the case, not to help the team because you do know the family in the incident, but I promise you, Bailee. You will always come first to me. I even Punched Hotch for how bad his behaviour was"

Bailee's eyes went wide "What! You could get fired, Derek!" Derek shakes his head "The team is pissed off with him they won't say anything and if Hotch wants to keep his team, then he wouldn't say anything either."

Bailee whispers "You won't leave me? right?" Derek pulls Bailee into a hug "Never. You are my priority. I can get another job; I can't replace you." Bailee holds her pinkie up "I promise I'll cut down on the drink"

Derek sighs in relief "thank you, go get dressed here's some joggers and a top you can wear" Derek kissing the top of her head starting to walk out of the room as Bailee calls his name. "What family is involved?"

"The Walsh family. Brian Walsh's Daughter was killed, and the detectives think Brian did it" Derek explains, Bailee covered her mouth with her hands "Lucy's dead?"