41 | 2 N D D A T E

A few days had passed since Bailee had overheard, the conversation between Aaron, Rossi, Reid, and Derek

A few days had passed since Bailee had overheard, the conversation between Aaron, Rossi, Reid, and Derek. When they had gotten back to the apartment that day she wanted to be alone which didn't end up happening since Derek wouldn't let her. He wasn't trying to control her actions but there was no way he would let her be alone. Derek couldn't predict how she would react, would she explode? Break down? Block her feelings out? Start drinking again? He didn't know. So instead he told her to explain to Donovan that she had a very stressful day and would reschedule the date. Donovan replied being very understanding and couldn't wait for the redo.

Derek then told her to shower and get changed into comfy clothes. When she walked back into the living room in joggers and a hoodie. Bailee saw that Derek had also changed into more casual clothing as well. He grabbed his car keys off the kitchen counter and told her that they were going out and both were off work sick for the rest of the week. Bailee felt guilty making him lie about being sick, but he was quick to reassure her that it was fine, and Rossi had vouched for them both.

After 15 minutes in the car, they reached the unknown location, not until she saw the sign on the building door did she know where Derek had taken them both. Facing Derek, she begins shaking her head "really?"

"Yes. Really. You need to destress this is the easiest way" Derek declares.

Bailee points to the signs "you brought me to a rage room."

"The safest way to let out all your thoughts and feelings" Derek walks towards the entrance.

"By smashing things?" Bailee questions.

"Exactly"

An hour went by, at first Bailee wasn't that into but when Derek told her to focus on everything negative that has happened in her life. He told her to push all the anger, frustration, stress, sadness to the front of her mind and concentrate on it when smashing the glass. When she had nothing left she break in the room she whispers.

"Was he ever gonna tell me?"

Derek sighs "I have no idea what that man thinks most of the time. But what I do know is that he will always try to do the best for his kids. Even though he went around it the wrong way and I'm not defending him I do think he was trying to find a way to explain it as delicately as he could."

Bailee scoffs "I found out he was my dad by a serial killer, was he waiting for the next one to come along who likes to gossip?"

"More like he didn't want you're only thoughts of your mother to be negative" Derek explains.

"Look, finding out the way you did was terrible, no one should find out about their biological parents by being kidnapped by a serial killer. If you saw it from his perspective, it was a hard situation for him too, Your mother had died, Hotch telling you what actually happened that night could seem like he was dumping the whole blame onto her since she was dead"