48 | B R E A K

The familiar feeling of suffocating had started

The familiar feeling of suffocating had started. The tightening of her throat closing in, The beating of her heart thumping getting quicker. Bailee had felt the feeling of actually drowning before, but this was different. Worse in fact because she knew that she wasn't underwater she was curled up on her bed with tears rolling down her cheeks. It was unfair how easy it was for everything to seem fine and yet all it took were a few negative thoughts for her mind to go spiraling.

It was a rare night for her to be alone in the apartment without Derek but he had already told her he had a date and wouldn't get back until late. She thought of calling Donovan but with the situation, she was still processing about his half-brother Chris she didn't want to disturb him.

Sighing she presses on a certain someone's number hoping they would be awake,  her panic attack was growing, and was scared in case she would hyperventilate to the point of passing out.Holding her hand to her throat as it get's harder for her the breathe.

"Bailee?" The concerned voice of Aaron answers the phone.

Bailee could only cry in response she didn't like this feeling, of not being able to breathe, her eyes were filled with tears to see clearly. Aaron was already grabbing a sleeping jack from his room and getting into his SUV.

"Bailee. I'm on the way...can you try and calm down you're breathing?" He questions glancing at his phone then back at the road.

"..Ca-n-'t.." Bailee stutters out "-I ca-n't...."

"Yes, you can sweetheart...can you try and count you're finger's for me?"

Aaron knew he was going over the speed limit but he really couldn't care about anything apart from getting to his daughter who was struggling. He did have a feeling this would happen and told her she could have stayed at his when he dropped her off earlier on knowing Derek was out tonight. But She declined. With everything that was occurring the conversation with Jack about them being siblings just never came around. Sure he had heard his dad say the word daughter but he still had no clue.

"Can't"

Bailee tried to look down at her hands but they were shaking too much making her tears fall faster. She hated it. It made her feel weak and frustrated. She couldn't help what her body was doing but at the same time it made her blame herself for being this way. For getting so overwhelmed.

"Okay...Okay then close you're eyes darling" Aaron wasn't to far away but he still wanted to calm her down as soon as he could. "Are they closed?"

"Y-e-s"

"Good. Well done. Now think of the beach. You remember you're date right? The quietness. The stars. Remember how peaceful it felt watching the waves crash.."

Aaron had noted now how much Bailee loved the calmness of being at the beach. The main reason for her interest of the ocean and the waves crashing was reassurance. It was proof to her that she wasn't drowning not physically anyways. It reassured her that she was the one in control not her mind.