2 7 | H I D E

Derek had gotten a message from Hotch informing him of a new case, walking to his desk to place his bag down when a small body crashed into him

Derek had gotten a message from Hotch informing him of a new case, walking to his desk to place his bag down when a small body crashed into him. Looking down he saw Bailee with her hair covering her face and staring at her feet. Bailee had gotten the all-clear from the doctor about her broken ankle and was now happily out of her moon boot.

"Mini Babygirl?"

"Hmm?"

"What are you doing?" Derek asks amused.

"What do you mean?" Bailee still won't look up at Derek.

"The floor wasn't that interesting the last time I looked at it"

Bailee sighs "Hotch has been trying to talk to me ever since.... you know kicking me off the team and...I'm.....I'm just not ready to have that conversation yet"

Derek nods "That's understandable. But you will have to talk to him eventually he won't stop trying" Derek was the first to threaten Hotch about hurting Bailee again, he could see how much she missed him but also how much she was now scared of him. She called him Hotch, not by any of the nicknames. Derek just hopes Hotch would get his arse out of his head before he loses Bailee for good.

"True. But I can still try and run" Bailee comments finally looking at Derek.

"Well, you better run Hotch is about to leave his office in...3....2.....1" Bailee runs to the lair hearing Derek laughing in the distance.

"Still hiding from Hotch, I see," Garcia says turning in her chair. "it's getting harder each day; I swear he's looking at the cameras to see where I am. He's everywhere Pen." Bailee stresses.

"You are safe for today at least there's a case, the team is on the way to the crime scene now"

"Brilliant" Bailee sits down in her chair getting ready to help the team.

"Are you ever gonna talk to him?" Garcia asks.

"Not you too" Bailee mutters.

Bailee spins on her chair "I know I will have too at some point.......I'm just scared of the outcome Pen"

"I know you miss him.... we all see it. However, make him grovel for your forgiveness, stand your ground with him."

"I will"

The office phone rings causing the two hackers to sigh " Hello Familia" 

"Hi Bailee" JJ chuckles. "I know it's a long shot, but Monica's parents said that she was heading west. Maybe she made it part of the way when she was kidnapped."

"So why not run her DNA against adoption records in surrounding states? are you kidding? I think your brilliant" Garcia says.

"Um JJ?" Bailee speaks up quietly.

"If we find this little girl, what's going to happen to her?" Bailee had this question circled her mind since she was first told about the child.

"If something illegal transpires during the adoption process, the court nullifies it. The child gets returned to the closest blood relative." JJ explains.