20 | T E D D Y

The team had been called in to help with a case, but with how serious and time-sensitive the case was they didn't stop for a debrief at the BAU office meaning they didn't notice two members of the team were absent

The team had been called in to help with a case, but with how serious and time-sensitive the case was they didn't stop for a debrief at the BAU office meaning they didn't notice two members of the team were absent. Rossi, Prentiss, Derek, Reid, and JJ were talking with the local detectives at the crime scene about what had happened.

"Oh. Hey guys, over here. You guys remember detective walker." JJ says.

"Thanks for being here" The detective shakes each of the team members' hands.

"I understand none of you are working on much rest." He adds.

"Who's the victim?" Rossi looks down at the victim on the floor.

"His name is Nelson Martinez. From what we can figure, he answered his door, was forced into the apartment at gunpoint, and then shot in the chest. It was all pretty sloppy."

"No disrespect, but I don't understand why you need us here," Derek says, hearing his phone vibrate in his pocket, he already had two missed calls from a private number making this the third call causing him to become curious and confused.

"Two days ago, a local doctor named Tom Barton found a note addressed to him at the hospital. It said the person was planning to kill his son. If Dr. Barton tried to keep his boy hidden, one person would die every day in his place." The detective explains to the team.

"And you think this is connected?" Prentiss asks.

Reid looks through the case file and sees the letter "The note is singed LC"

"Yesterday we had another victim, multiple gunshots outside the apartment. The shooter wrote LC in white chalk next to the body."

"Now, unless Dr Barton puts his son in harm's way, we're gonna keep having a victim a day." Reid states.

"Where's Barton now?"

"He's at home. He doesn't know about this victim, yet" JJ says.

"Where's Hotch?" Prentiss asks.

"He's not answering his phone. I assume it's on vibrate. He'll get the message when he wakes up." JJ answers.

"He should have been up by now, to pick Bailee up," Derek says getting annoyed at the vibrating once again from his phone. The team looks at each other releasing he's right.

"Call Garcia and ask her if Bailee's there, we'll go to Barton's house," Rossi says Derek nods and goes outside to call her.

"Hey chocolate thunder," Garcia's voice comes through the phone.

"Hey baby girl, listen is Mini baby girl there with you?"

"She isn't here, I thought you would drop her off after you left the crime scene"

Derek closes his eyes "I wasn't bringing her today Hotch was, they both aren't here"

"Maybe they both slept in? you know how bad B loves her sleep" Garcia tries to tell herself.