34 | P A N I C

The sun was setting, and the moon was rising, making Bailee bite her lip from her growing anxiety

The sun was setting, and the moon was rising, making Bailee bite her lip from her growing anxiety. The case the team and her had just finished was intense. Bailee would admit that all the cases they were assigned to were intense. But the circumstances, in this case, made it even worse. Starting with finding a young girl kidnapped by her own father, then Prentiss getting injured while the detective getting killed driving the father to the police station.  Bailee was glad it was over and that the family and children were safe. However, now the case was over she had another serious issue. That she had forgotten about.

Her date.

Donovan and she had been texting a lot when she was on her breaks or days off. He completely understood and reassured her that he didn't mind her job took a lot of her time. She was surprised by his answer. This led to him planning when their first date would be, after her awkward reply which he brushed off telling her she didn't need to worry. He found it cute at her nervous replies.

Bailee hated to confess this, but she needed help. When she blurted out that she was worried and scared about her date with Penelope. She regretted coming to her in the first place.

The conversation involved Bailee getting a detailed story about what Pennie and Kevin do on their dates. When it got to the bedroom talk Bailee thought her face would permanently stay red for the rest of the day.

She was so close to cancelling the date. That's when she heard the lair door open, without turning round in her chair thinking it was Garcia she speaks.

"Pennie you know how much I love you and I know I was the one who told you I was panicking and brought up the date but I didn't really have any choice, If I told Derek he would have told me to wait till I'm 30 for a boyfriend, Prentiss would have told me how to flirt which would have been so embarrassing, JJ would have talked to me in a motherly way saying everything would be fine. Which would have been a huge lie considering how bad my luck is, Rossi has had how many wives? In the nicest possible way, I don't think his advice would help me, and Samuel and Markus would be laughing at how different I am from being sober and being drunk. So, when I asked you for some advice that wasn't code for I need to know what toys you and Kevin have for your spontaneous romantic nights in at you're-"

A deep noise is heard, and Bailee stops her rambling. When she hears the sound of somebody clearing their throat she winces.

"Shit"

"You're not Pennie"

"No I'm not"

Bailee turns round to see Aaron standing with his arms crossed. "You're missing someone".

"Huh?" Bailee tilts her head.

"Me," Aaron says uncrossing his arms and sitting down in the chair next to his daughter. "Why didn't you ask me"

"Honestly?" Bailee questions. Aaron nods his head with a soft look plastering his face.

"I don't know. I guess I was embarrassed coming to you" Bailee admits dropping her head.

Aaron sighs and kneels in front of her lifting her chin so he could look directly at her when he spoke "Bailee, I will never understand how much pain and trauma you have had to go through in your life. But what I do know is how proud of you I am, even when you had no one by your side, supporting you, and protecting you, you kept going and that is an achievement in itself. With all the tough obstacles in your path, you didn't let it change you and I'm so grateful to be able to call you, my daughter. So never be embarrassed to speak to me or come to me for something. What did I tell you after the Christopher case?"

Bailee looks at him trying to hold her tears in. "That you'll keep me afloat".

Aaron grabs her hands holding them trying to provide comfort for her "Always."

"Bailee, you might be eighteen soon. But that doesn't mean you'll stop being my little girl." Bailee nods and gives him a small smile in return scared she will burst out crying if she speaks.

Aaron takes a deep breath "As much as I dislike the thought of my daughter going on a date, what's wrong?"

"I don't know what to do. You know I've never been on a date before. I have no clue where he's taking me he said it's a surprise which has made me even feel worse. If it's a surprise what if I wear the wrong outfit, or the wrong shoes? I don't even know how to dress for a date. I mostly wear joggers, I cant wear joggers on a date or can you? See it's so frustrating then when we get to the place what happens? What do we talk about? What do I even say to him? we met at a bar is that even a good place to meet a guy? What happens if he grabs my hand? Do I let him? is that allowed? Oh...my god....what if he tries to kiss me.....do I just stand that....no even thinking of that is horrible....urghhhhh"

Aaron chuckles "Slowly down Bailee. Calm down. As your dad I should be telling you not to date until you're 30 just as Derek is reacting. However, I can see how nervous you are. Don't think of it as a date if that makes it easier. You and Donovan are going out to get to know each other, right?  Think of it as if you were going out with Samuel and Markus. With the holding hand's problems, that's up to you, if you want to hold his hand then go for it. Same way with a kiss even though I prefer you not to if you think it's the right time then sure. It's your choice Sweetheart you choose what happens. If this Donovan guy doesn't like that then he is an asshole, and you will find someone way better than him."

"Do you understand?" Aaron questions softly.

"Yeah...Um thank you" Bailee didn't expect this outcome at all. She stands up and wraps her arms around his waist hugging him close. Aaron kisses her forehead. "No need to thank me."

After a moment he pulls her back so he can see her face. "Can you do me a favour?"

Bailee was confused but she nods her head "Okay?"

"Please don't listen to what Garcia and Kevin do that involves toys".

"OH...MY...GOD"

———————————-

This was suppose to be the date chapter however I wanted Aaron and Bailee to have a conversation.

Next chapter will be the date.

How you guys feeling about Donovan?