36 | D A T E

Bailee was a mess her hands were starting to sweat; her heart rate was increasing rapidly

Bailee was a mess her hands were starting to sweat; her heart rate was increasing rapidly. The couple was driving to the ice cream shop near the beach in silence. It wasn't uncomfortable but she felt out of place. This was a whole new experience for her, she hated not knowing what she was supposed to do. She had calmed down before they left Derek's apartment but as soon as she got into the car her anxiety rose back up. For a moment she was considering calling Aaron but dropped that full idea when she remembered he would have used his Sirens. She hadn't even started the date yet and seeing Aaron turn up would have been humiliating. Taking a few sharp deep breaths, she looks out of the window seeing the ice cream shop on her left and the Beach on her right.

Donovan kept taking unnoticed glances toward her, He could tell she was nervous and petrified but what she didn't know was that he was also nervous and scared. He had never been on a date before either which Donovan didn't tell bailee, being too embarrassed to confess to such a gorgeous girl he thought. Sighing he takes one hand off the steering wheel and grabs one of her, moving their hands to the center console.

"Bailee, you don't have to be so nervous." He says rubbing the back of her hand.

"That's easy for you to say" Bailee mumbles.

When they stopped at a red light, Donovan turned his head to look at her "Can you look at me please."

Slowly Bailee turns her head to see Donovan already looking at her. He gives her a little chuckle "I should have probably told you this seeing how scared you look, maybe telling you might ease those nerves of yours"?

Bailee furrows her eyebrows "What?"

"I'm nervous too Bailee" Donovan admits.

Bailee was lost for words "But.....How....."

"This is my first date as well" Donovan adds driving again as the light turns to green.

"WHAT?" Bailee shouts.

"Sorry" She adds after feeling guilty that she judged him.

"I...guess it was my pride I don't know...I just didn't want you to know.... this is a first for me too. Seeing how scared and panicked you looked I felt bad. You already know I was in foster care, they aren't five-star ratings so most of my life I worked, being in a relationship wasn't my priority being able to support myself was my main focus so I could leave as soon as I turned eighteen."

"I would say I'm sorry, but I know it doesn't change anything you went through," Bailee says.

"Don't worry about it. I didn't mean for our date to become so sad, but I just want you to understand that this is new for both of us" Donovan says smiling.

"We'll figure this out together" He adds.

Bailee looks at their joined hands then looks back up at Donovan "Together". She says with a hopeful expression on her face.