Epilogue

Pride

Pride.

One small word could mean so much for somebody or even the proud expression they receive. The statement of being proud could mean so many different things, such as their growth as a person, their maturity in different situations, or maybe just how they react to certain scenarios when they could have acted a different way.

But for Aaron Hotchner the would proud wouldn't do justice how incredible his daughter had become over the years. He knew she was talented with her computer skills and they way she could hack into nearly everything.

However this time it was different, he wasn't watching her as her boss needed information for their cases, this time he was observing her as her father with the parental mindset. They were both learning how to be a family together. Jack was no bother with the change and was happy he had his father's attention and now a sister even though he was still not sure what they really meant.

For the first year of absents from the BAU Aaron, Bailee and Jack had gone on several holidays or short breaks even the team was able to come along when their caseload wasn't as busy. Bailee was still cautious at the thought of being left again and even had multiple panic attacks during the holidays in case she woke up and everybody had left her.

This led to the discussion of having a therapist, at first Bailee was against it and even stayed at Derek's apartment for a few nights so she and Aaron could calm down. Finally, after Derek threw Bailee into his car and took her back to her house Aaron explain how she only had to do one session and if she didn't like it then she didn't have to go back.

With the agreement of a tube of blueberry lollipops and a pasta night with the team, she went to her session and was cringing at the thought of talking about her past to a random stranger. However, once she sat down with Amy. The therapist only asked basic questions nothing involving her history or issues.

From then on Bailee gradually became comfortable with Amy and slowly started to tell her parts of her messed up past. Sure, she only told her glimpses of what it was really like but Amy didn't mind at all she was proud and glad she was gaining Bailee's trust.

Donovan, Chris and Bailee were known as the three musketeers in Garcia's mind as they were always joined at the hip together unless the couple had a date night where Chris would stay at Aaron's and play will Jack for the night.

They didn't do it often since they didn't want Chris to feel left out which he assured them plenty of times he wouldn't feel that way and was happy with the time got to spend with Jack. Chris was still trying to process how a family was supposed to work and he was still learning how different a proper family acted to each other from how his father acted towards him when his mother died.

On Bailee's 20th birthday, she announced she had been accepted into college along with Donovan to study Psychology and Chris decided to study business management. Aaron was there for her every step of the way and when it came around to her essay, he decided that every Saturday would be a day just for him and Bailee to relax and watch movies all day.