26 | C H A N C E

"B, you've been back for literally five minutes and there's already empty lollipop wrappers and a red bull cans everywhere" Garcia chuckles

Bailee turns toward her "So....is that your way of saying you missed me?"

"Of course, I missed my little hacker, not the mess you create though"

"I can't tell if that was a compliment or an insult" Bailee states tilting her head to the side.

"Both. B both"

"Ohh Pennie I've missed you" Bailee hugs Garcia "Even Mr sparkles and his crew"

"Can I ask you something personal?" Garcia blurts out, Bailee sighs going back to her seat "I was waiting for this"

"You don't have to answer"

"It's fine Pen what's the question," Bailee asks.

"Have you talked to Hotch.....Like privately.....since"

"Since he kicked me off the team after I just woke up from surgery from being shot, then he tells me he did it for my protection"

"Yeh...that's it" Garcia softly says as she accidentally presses the call button, ringing the team as the two hackers talk.

"We haven't talked, When I see him I run the opposite way, I'm way too scared for what he will say. I couldn't handle it if he talked the way he did to me again, it was like I was a piece of gum stuck to his blazer in the end he threw the blazer away like trash," Bailee looks down at her hands speaking.

"I'm not defending him because we were all pissed at how he dealt with the situation, but he did lose his, family, Hailey and Jack are in witness protection, he sees you as his child B, and he wanted to protect you any way he could" Garcia hesitantly says, her eyes widen when she sees the red light flashing meaning she's on call with the team.

"I get it, but that's the thing Pen, I saw him as my dad, my family, and you guys as family, Jack and Hailey have each other to get through things together, when he transferred me I didn't have anyone. Not one person to get me through the nightmares, the pain, the reality of me getting shot I was so alone" Bailee wipes the tears from her face.

"I think it's best if we just ignore each other from now on, I'll do his orders for cases but other than that I can't let him break my heart the same way my biologicals did I wouldn't survive Pen"

Garcia ended the call quickly and gave Bailee another hug "If he even dares to hurt you, you know Derek will punch him in the face again" Bailee laughs at the threat and smiled glad she was back with her family.

The phone rang which case the two hackers to have different reactions, Bailee wasn't bothered about the call knowing it would be the team asking if they had found anything, but Garcia knew they had heard their conversation and was scared of which members of the team were there. If Hotch was there.