Chapter 1: Blue Lock

1 month later...

*** 

Each day, for 15 hours, the masterpiece was given a set number of shots and goal conversions, dribbling sessions, passing drills, and impossible physical milestones that tested his body's capabilities. 

Failure to meet requirements of the day meant immediate elimination from the program.

5 hours a day at the very least, was spent on watching soccer, formations, positions, specific historical moments, and dissecting the Japanese National team. Ayanokouji acted like a sponge and absorbed the information word-for-word.

The remaining 4 hours were for sleep and meal time.  

Food was distributed based on performance. Barely meeting the goals of the day granted Ayanokouji bland rice and water. Exceeding it dispensed steak, ramen, and sausages. 

Countless hours of training and coordination with a ball engraved itself into Ayanokouji's mind. For 31 days, he ate, lived and breathed soccer. 

Despite the grueling training, it was very familiar for him. Thus, his endurance never wavered. 

Finally, once the grueling training hit the 31st day, Ego finally entered the room and looked down at Ayanokouji, who was dousing his head with an entire water bottle. 

Ego: Can't say I expected much at the beginning for someone with no experience, but your performance was... mediocre. Your dribbling is average, so is your passing. For now, your physical attributes are your strength. They are all exceptional but you still don't know how to use them just yet. At the very least, you were able to find your weapon, albeit, it's more like a weapon walking with a cane but it's better than nothing. It's a start. 

Ayanokouji: I've shown you a weapon. Now what happens?

Ego looked blankly at Ayanokouji. 

Ego: While you underwent your training, I finished the preparations for Blue Lock. Two hundred and ninety nine other strikers from across the country are coming tomorrow. You'll have to stand out amongst them in order to reap the rewards. It'd be pretty pathetic if you were the first one 'locked off', dull and boring 'masterpiece.'

...

The Next Day...

...

From across all of Japan, 300 strikers arrived at a set location, confused about the invitation and the appearance of only strikers. 

Most notably, walking in together, were two strikers, Isagi Yoichi...

...and Kira, the jewel of Japanese soccer.