Chapter 19: The Moment My Ego Awakened

Ayanokouji: (The only conclusion I can reach, is that Rin has entered into what Ego always kept mentioning to me prior, the flow.)

***Flashback to Project: Bland King***

Ayanokouji rested on the ground after non-stop motion for the entire day.

Ego's face filled the screen in front of Ayanokouji.

Ego: The training in Blue Lock might not compare to the likes of the White Room, but it should be enough to make even you sweat a bit.

Ayanokouji: I guess.

Ego: So what have you learned?

Ayanokouji: What do you mean 'what have I learned?' You've only been giving me 'match-winning' goal highlights from soccer legends. I can't replicate those scenarios just by seeing a video.

Ego: I didn't send you them to replicate those moves.

Ayanokouji: Then why?

Ego: I sent them so you could study their ego.

Ayanokouji: I don't follow.

Ego sighed.

Ego: Of course you don't. A person with no passion for anything would never understand. And there's no guarantee you'll ever grasp that passion for yourself.

Ayanokouji: But without that passion, I'll only remain as good as the person I'm mimicking. I'll have no room to grow.

Ego: Oh look, the dull masterpiece finally got a question right

Ego: Oh look, the dull masterpiece finally got a question right. The point remains, when you find your passion, you'll find the ego that resides inside of you. And when you find that ego.... then and only then will you usher into a higher plane of existence altogether. It's the gateway to enter your own flow.

***Flashback ended***

Ayanokouji: (In any case, Rin's abilities have completely changed. His entire playstyle, which was generic prior, now is immensely unorthodox. It's impossible to predict.)

Shido: How ya feeling? That brother loving ass messed you up pretty bad.

Ayanokouji: The way we are, I don't see a way out of this that results in a win.

Shido: Talk about being a downer.

Ayanokouji: But there's no point in sulking over the cards we're dealt with. We'll just have to make due and win this game right now.

In the middle of the field, Ayanokouji sent a pass over to Shido who took the ball up.

Shido: We're going for the kill. Die from my explosions, bro-con!

 Die from my explosions, bro-con!