Chapter 25: The Third Selection

Aryu: I wonder who the other teams are that passed the second selection.

Raichi: Those bastards from our old team better have survived. 

Igarashi: Who knows really...

Kiyotaka: Well, we're about to get that answered very soon. 

The speaker began to announce the results of the second selection. 

Speaker: Seven Teams have cleared the selection, with a total of thirty-five players. 

The team of five entered the barren room first. There were a total of seven doors spiraled all around including the door the team just entered from. 

Speaker: First cleared team.

Once they were all situated, the speaker continued on. 

Speaker: Next up, please enter second clear team. 

Entering from another door, came familiar faces: Rin, Isagi, Bachira, and Tokimitsu along with someone unfamiliar to the group.  

Shido: Hehe, so the brother-loving loser returns at last. 

Rin: Fuck off. 

Isagi: Hey, it's you Kiyotaka! 

Bachira: Long time no see. 

Both Isagi and Bachira ran up to Kiyotaka as they both embraced him. 

Kiyotaka: Hey, it's been a while. It's nice to see you both made it out. 

Isagi: Same here! 

Raichi: Hey, I'm here too brats!

Igarashi: Am I just chopped liver?!

Shido, almost annoyed at the chatter, put his arm around Kiyotaka's shoulder.

Shido: Can I join in on your little chatter?

Kiyotaka: No, this is only for Team Z players. You can talk to the corpse over there. Looks like he needs a friend more than me. 

Rin got enraged and marched over to Kiyotaka. 

Rin: Don't think I forgot anything. I'll send you out of Blue Lock myself, bastard!

Kiyotaka: Hm? Didn't that last play against us show what level you currently are? Rest assured, I'll put you back in your grave, zombie. 

Bachira smiled, witnessing the new Kiyotaka. Isagi looked flabbergasted. 

Isagi: (Is this really the same Kiyotaka?)

Shido: Eh? The bro-con is scary. Save me, Kiyo~

Shido grips onto Kiyotaka more tightly as Kiyotaka pats his head. He decided to play along with Shido in order to spite Rin. 

Kiyotaka: Don't worry, I'll save you from the zombie.  

While banter between Rin, Kiyotaka, and Shido ensues, Isagi approaches Raichi.

Isagi: Kiyotaka still has a girlfriend right?

Raichi: Yes

Isagi: So, what's the deal with-

Raichi: You'll get used to this. 

The unfamiliar player inserts himself into the scuffle between Kiyotaka and Rin as he greets Kiyotaka.

???: So you're the guy Rin keeps mumbling about. Nice to meet the guy who put him in his place. 

Kiyotaka: And who might you be?