Chapter 17: The Masterpiece and His Beast

Ayanokouji: Shido, run down the field as soon as I'm about to check the ball. We're getting a quick goal back.

Shido: Now you're speaking my language. My first goal's dopamine rush finished. Now it's time for another.

Ayanokouji: (I need one more push, one more chance to see your excellence, Rin. I want to complete my analysis of you. So I'll give you a sacrificial lamb.)

Ayanokouji checked the ball and sent a long pass towards Shido who was charging down the field.

Bachira: (Huh? Why is he sending a pass to Shido? Doesn't he see Rin...)

Easily, Rin intercepted the pass heading towards Shido.

Shido: (Ah, this bastard is so annoying. But there must be a reason why Kiyo gave me such a shitty pass. He must be thinking about something.)

Rin: So you forgot how to pass too. Can't shoot and can't pass. What good are you?

Ayanokouji's golden aura in his eyes continued to sour to new heights, as his entire vision slowed down and he began to filter out useless information like the background, the screen, and ceiling. They only thing he focused on... was Rin.

Rin gave a pass to Bachira who crossed through but was stopped by Raichi.

Raichi: I got you, Bachira!

Bachira: Gee, I guess ya did.

He gave a small pass to Tokimitsu who ran with the ball up the field. Shido and Igarashi attempted to tackle him but Igarashi got into the way of Shido.

Shido: Get your useless ass away from me.

Ayanokouji''s eyes began to predict Rin's offball movement. All his vision saw, was Rin.

Tokimitsu passed the ball to Aryu who was now open.

Aryu: I am...

Kicking the ball, Aryu was unlucky, since Ayanokouji without even looking at him, blocked his shot and the ball went flying up in the air.

Aryu: ...shining?!

Igarashi: Loose ball!

Ayanokouji noticed the final part in Rin's puzzle: his positioning. The ball dropped down favorably to Rin who controlled the ball and shot it back inside, right past the hologram for his third goal of the game.

***Team White [1] - Team Red [3]***

Ayanokouji: (Perfect.)

Igarashi was furious.

Igarashi: I've just about had it! I let you and Shido do whatever you wanted because you guys can score a lot of goals. But that goal was on you guys! We're going to lose at this rate! Are you guys going to get your act together?!

Raichi: Hey, bastard! It's not the-

Shido held Igarashi off the ground with one hand.

Shido: Is an NPC really speaking? Just shut the fuck up. You're just an extra. Extras don't have the right to challenge the superstars, you utter piece of shit.

Speaker: Foul, yellow card issued to Ryussei Shido.

He let him go and Igarashi looked completely deflated on the ground.

Ayanokouji: Stop your fighting. The game's just started.

Raichi: What kind of plan you've been cooking up, poker face?