Chapter 36.5: Halftime Mayhem

Once again, thanks raiko675 for the art as usual.  

...

*WHISTLE*

The Referee blew his whistle, concluding the first half with Shido's goal. 

The entire stadium appeared to crash down from continuous chants of Sae's and Shido's names. Their chemical reaction was given a proper, world stage. The momentum of this game was flipped upside down. 

Aiku and the others rushed towards Sae and Shido as they celebrated alongside one another. They ended the half with a bang.

Yagami looked over at Kiyotaka, who got up from the ground and dusted himself off.  

Yagami: (How's that? That's just a taste. Get ready for the main course when the second half starts.)

Shido laughed to himself and winked over at Kiyotaka as he sighed in response. Sae went over to Shido, asking him a question. 

Sae: What did you mean by 'my pass could have been better?'

Shido: Oh, that! I'm just saying it could have been quicker. 

He smirked. 

Shido: Then again, I got spoiled by Kiyo's passes for sure. Your passes are good enough for now. 

This slightly annoyed Sae. 

Sae: Still comparing me to Kiyotaka, huh? Well, that'll end in the next half. 

Shido: Hehe, then make me forget about him~

Kiyotaka stood there, rematerializing and experiencing that goal on repeat, finding something he can exploit. 

Rin walked over to Kiyotaka and sighed. 

Rin: How long are you going to stay there? That shrimpy fuck'll want us inside. 

Kiyotaka: I'm coming. I don't need you doting on me. 

Rin: Just remember what's important. 

Kiyotaka: I know. We just need to win. 

In the commentary box, Tereasa ushered in halftime. 

Tereasa: U-20 JAPAN VS. THE BLUE LOCK ELEVEN!!! AT THE END OF THE FIRST HALF, THE BLUE LOCK ELEVEN ARE STILL UP TWO TO ONE!!!! WHAT A FIRST HALF! AFTER GOING UP BY TWO IN A DOMINANT SHOWING, THE DUO OF SHIDO RYUSEI AND ITOSHI SAE EXPLODED ON THE SCENE!

Natsuki: THIS BLUE LOCK TEAM IS INCREDIBLE DESPITE THE LAST GOAL. FROM AYANOKOUJI KIYOTAKA'S OPENING SHOT TO ITOSHI RIN'S SHOT FROM OUTSIDE THE BOX. THERE'S NEVER BEEN A TEAM IN JAPAN QUITE LIKE THEM...

Tereasa: BUT IN TERMS OF SKILL, THE TWO TEAMS ARE ABOUT EVEN. AND IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE ITOSHI SAE WILL LOSE EASILY, ESPECIALLY WITH THE ADDITION OF THIS PHENOM, RYUSEI SHIDO!!!

Tereasa: INDEED!!! WHO KNOWS WHAT WE CAN EXPECT FROM THE SECOND HALF?! 

Natsuki: I DON'T KNOW TEREASA, BUT WHAT I CAN SAY IS TO EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED. WHATEVER PREDICTIONS ANYONE HAD OF THIS GAME BEFORE IT BEGAN HAVE COMPLETELY WITHERED AWAY!!! 

Tereasa: PLUS, JUST TO TACK ON TO THE POTENTIAL OUTCOME OF THE GAME, IF THE SCORE IS TIED AT THE END OF NINETY MINUTES... IT'S BEEN DECIDED THAT THE GAME WILL BE RULED A DRAW, WITH NO OVERTIME OR PENALTY KICKS!!!!

Bachira rested his arm around Isagi's shoulder as they head to halftime chatting with one another. 

Shido, alongside the rest of the U-20 Japan entered their team's tunnel.