Chapter 36: Headliner

Tereasa: 40 MINUTES INTO THE FIRST HALF!!! THANKS TO ITOSHI RIN'S GOAL... BLUE LOCK DOUBLES DOWN ON THEIR LEAD, 2-0!!!!! WHO COULD'VE SEEN THIS COMING?!!!!

Kiyotaka: (He took into account Aiku's position and purposely egged him on, bypassing his pressure with a well-timed shot. I'd expect nothing less from him.)

Isagi: (He's a damn genius! That motion that prevented the opponent from predicting his timing... and that outside shot... incredible!) Rin!

Rin, looking on at Isagi and still celebrating his goal, moved away as he slid across the ground. 

Kiyotaka: Nice job for a second-chance goal. 

Rin sighed. 

Rin: If you made your shot, I wouldn't need to finish off your mistake. 

Kiyotaka: I could say the same to you, pretending you're Itoshi Sae just to one-up him and failing miserably. Who cleaned up your mess there?

Bachira laughed as he and Isagi went in between the both of them. 

Isagi: You both already scored. Can't you guys get along for a single match? 

Kiyotaka: Why would we?

Isagi: Hm?

Kiyotaka walked away as he sighed. 

Kiyotaka: This is how we should be, hating each other to the bone. It gives us something to strive towards. If we were all friends, there wouldn't be a need to grow and develop. That goes without question. 

Rin, completely ignoring Kiyotaka's comments, ordered Isagi around. 

Rin: We've doubled the lead and it's almost halftime. Our plans are changing. We're running plan B.

Bachira smiled. 

Bachira: Fine by me!

Isagi: Ok... Rin. 

{{}}

Hirata: That's Itoshi Sae's brother for you! What a goal from outside the box. 

Kei: They're destroying the U-20 team!

Horikita: They all look kind of done with the whole experience. Unless something changes, they're finished. 

Ryuen: Ah~, there we go. Keep piling up that scoreboard. 

Ichinose smiled widely and clapped her hands, her eyes focusing on Kiyotaka, who was speaking with his teammates. 

Arisu, quiet and analyzing the field of play, didn't seem all that happy.

Kamuro: Hm? What's with that face? Shouldn't you be... I don't know... a little happier? Maybe a smile? They're up by two. 

She sighed slightly. 

She didn't answer Kamuro. Instead, her eyes peered over to the U-20 bench as a camera gave a slight focus there. In the first seat, now taking off his jacket, a player stood up and began stretching. 

Arisu: (I got a look at his portfolio alongside Kiyo's from the Blue Lock project. They had a total of three selections before this match was called. The first, a group stage with four teams battling for promotion, the second, individual duels up to a 5v5 where they face off against a group of legendary pros. And finally, the third selection was used to choose the supporting characters around Kiyotaka and five other top rankers. Five out of the top six are on Blue Lock's starting lineup. One is missing. And he's right over there. I don't know why he's on the bench but I guess I'll have to see.)