Chapter 42: The Last Strike

***Flashback to Earlier in the Match***

'Now at peace with his thoughts, Kiyotaka looked up at Isagi who was surprised to see him like this.

Isagi: S-Sorry for bothering you. Take all the time that you-

Kiyotaka: No it's fine. I was just thinking about it all and I'm finished pondering on meaningless things.

Getting up from the bench, he dried his face.

Kiyotaka: Also, Isagi. One thing.

Isagi: Hm?

Kiyotaka: I might need to rely on your strength during the second half. So be ready this time.

Leaving Isagi with goosebumps, Kiyotaka walked back into the locker room for the remainder of the time, as Isagi stood there, now lost in thought at the words uttered by his rival.' 

***End of Flashback***

...

These four egoists, blessed by the rewards of their ego, charged into ground zero

On the outskirts of their four-way battle, another egoist stared intently. With the way the match had gone, it would have been a stretch to call it an ideal performance for him. 

Sure, he was a starter and assisted in whatever facet of the game was necessary, but the fact remains: he still hadn't scored his goal. 

Isagi: (Kiyotaka gave me two chances to score and I fucked up both of them. Because of that, he used Baro, got into flow, and coerced Rin to do the same. Everything has been going exactly as he'd planned it. The best players in Blue Lock are just another piece of information for those eyes of his to manipulate. And since he didn't find me useful after my botched attempts, he's throwing me aside. Well, that stops now. You said it yourself, Kiyotaka. There's still time to be a hero.)

Back to the matchup that caused the entire stadium to quiet down and stand up for, Kiyotaka, Itoshi Sae, Itoshi Rin, and Shido began their battle.

All around them, the field broke apart and turned dark, with spotlights shining onto the four stars of this match.  

Itoshi Sae, in possession of the ball, dribbled up and completed an array of stepovers only for Rin to see through it and crash into his side, his tongue sticking out profusely. 

Noticing this fluctuation, Shido charged up followed by Kiyotaka who heavily guarded his dominate side. 

*TAP*

Giving a slight tap forward, Shido was in a better position to guard it as he pushed through. 

However, both Kiyotaka and Rin emerged side-by-side to trap him completely. While one confronted him from the front, the other glided through and reached his feet from the back.