Chapter 9: The Geniuses

Ayanokouji: So they held onto my old cell phone. I'm not sure it even works outside that school, however. It even has my point total. And as for my list of contacts...

After the team's interaction with Reo, Nagi, and Zantetsu, Ayanokouji ate dinner with Raichi and Isagi and finally used his three points to purchase a cell phone. 

The points were taken and a phone came out from a slot. What took Ayanokouji aback was that it was the same phone he used in school and it was fully charged and it came with a charger as well. 

Now that he was inside the bathroom while everyone else slept, he decided to give Kei a call. 

Ayanokouji: (It's not that late so she could be up.)

The phone rang and rang for a while. 

Ayanokouji: (It was too good to be tr-)

Kei: K-Kiyo?

Ayanokouji: Hey, it's me. It's been a-

*CRYING*

On the other end, Ayanokouji heard Kei crying and completely a mess. 

Ayanokouji: I'm sorry for the lack of contact. I just got my phone. 

Kei: What are you talking about 'just getting your phone?' It takes you 2 months to pick up your phone and answer my calls, bastard?!

Ayanokouji: The school doesn't allow outside contact, no matter what. I needed enough time to reprogram my phone so I can answer and receive calls from ANHS students. It took two months. 

Lying about this was the smartest choice since he couldn't possibly explain that he joined a soccer project called Blue Lock in order to become the best striker and make it believable. 

Kei: I... I thought you just moved on. I'm so happy right now. 

Ayanokouji: Anyway, I'll be calling you every day from now on. I'm pretty busy so we can only talk at night if you're ok with that. 

Kei: What's taken up all your time? Is it your new school? You're in some clubs or anything? Or is it someone else you want to spend time with!

Ayanokouji: You could say I'm in an academy that's very strict. And it's an all boy-school so you don't have to worry about me finding someone else. I'll just wait for you to graduate. Horikita should get you guys to Class A. 

Kei: I doubt it. But that doesn't matter now. I can finally talk to my boyfriend again! Um, did you miss me too...?

Ayanokouji: I didn't. 

Kei: EH?!

Ayanokouji: I'm just kidding. 

Kei: Ah Mou!

They spoke for another half hour until Ayanokouji decided to call it a night. 

...

...

...

Team Z trained with one another for the morning, excluding Kuon who didn't want anything to do with them. Lemon, the team's new leader, orchestrated another team meeting to speak on the team they're going up against as well as their current situation.