Chapter 45: Loki's Homework

Loki: Charles, you play around too much

Loki: Charles, you play around too much. Had you paid attention and focused more on your ball retention, you wouldn't have needed to work with Kiyotaka and barely squeak by.

Charles: Ah... please no more... I can't take another nagging session...

Loki: Rin, you took too long to analyze the situation in front of you and had to make that ground up. Had you seen through the laser field's pattern faster like Charles and Kiyotaka, you wouldn't have needed the pair to distract me and sneak through the finish line.

Rin stood there and took the criticism at heart. He didn't need Loki to point this out. He was already envisioning what he could do to fix this part of his game.

Loki: And you, Kiyotaka. You collided with Charles too much. Had you pushed through and ignored him, you'd have reached the finish line before I even arrived. Good improvision on the fly with Charles but with your abilities, it wasn't necessary.

Kiyotaka: Yes, sir.

Loki: In all, good job you three. Come, everyone else that was eliminated and waiting in the next room.

The door at the end of the course opened. Loki walked past the three.

Kiyotaka looked over at Charles, covering his mouth which produced a yawn.

Kiyotaka: Does he do this all the time?

Charles: What, his annoying homework? Yep, every time. You'd think he was an old man with how much his mouth yaps at everyone like they're toddlers.

Kiyotaka: Quick advice for improvement. Seems reasonable.

Rin: The imp just wants to play football without training a day in his life. He'd rather waste energy complaining than actually improving.

Charles smirked.

Charles: And how's training been going for ya? You got a big head for someone who got spared cuz of me~.

Kiyotaka: He still got first. You got third. The fact remains we need to improve. If you want to produce plays that go against the orthodox, a foundation is still needed.

Charles covered his ears and skipped ahead.

Charles: ~Lalala, not listening! ~

Kiyotaka: Then don't listen and just do whatever you want.

Charles: All ears here!

Despite the animosity between Kiyotaka and Rin, the two glanced at one another and came to the conclusion...

Rin and Kiyotaka: (This guy is really weird.)

Entering the room, the trio saw the rest of the eliminated players, standing based solely on the distance completed.