Chapter 28: One Man Army

Ego: Looks like he's finally building a backbone. 

Anri: How did he copy Shido's ability?

Ego: He didn't. 

Anri: Hm?

Ego: He improved upon it. His eyes can see more than Shido and his level of athleticism is comparable. All he needed to do was put himself in Shido's shoes and encompass his mentality for soccer. By relying on his instincts, he bypassed both Rin and Shido were not coordinated enough to stop him. It's almost unfair. 

Anri: They don't call him a masterpiece for nothing. 

Ego: He's just an amateur now, the same as everyone else. But he's getting there. Anything less of what we've seen would be a drastic disappointment and a waste of funds allocated towards Project: Bland King. 

Anri: At his best, I don't see anyone in Blue Lock coming close to his prowess. 

Ego: That may be, but then it'd just lead to sheer complacency. He still can't contend with the best of the world. Little by little, he'll have to drag his corpse up there, in order to reach the pinnacle of soccer. 

*PHONE RING*

Anri rushed over to answer the phone. However, her face looked completely shocked as she tried to play off her surprise.

 However, her face looked completely shocked as she tried to play off her surprise

Ego: What is it, Anri-chan?

Anri: It's for you. 

She handed the phone over to Ego who answered in his usual tone. 

Ego: What is it? I'm pretty busy. 

Mr

Mr. Ayanokouji: I won't take much of your time, Jinpachi Ego. My name is Ayanokouji Atsuomi. 

Hearing the familiar name, Ego responded. 

Ego: I've heard your last name before... oh are you Kiyotaka-chan's grandpa or something?  

Mr. Ayanokouji: You know exactly who I am. Who do you think flagged your operation and forced you into a match you can't possibly win?