Chapter 40: A Masterpiece Reborn

Thank you for waiting incredibly patiently for this chapter. Exams were all A's and now I have a lot of time on my hands. Also, I can't thank @raiko675 enough for the incredible art. 

----------------------------------

From his booth, Kiyotaka's father looked at the sight before him.

Atsuomi Ayanokouji: (This type of football is intense; I'll give you that. Regardless of the outcome, I'll have to throw away Yagami. If he can't perform against those defective products from Blue Lock, then he has no use in our organization. You've truly changed, my son. I approve of your new-found determination, but to put it all into a sport for leisure... is pathetic. You're meant for much more than to entertain these plebians. So, take this loss, end your dreams, and cease your revolution. It's over.)

Hirotoshi Buratsuta: How are you liking the match, Mr

Hirotoshi Buratsuta: How are you liking the match, Mr. Ayanokouji-san?

Atsuomi sighed, drinking another glass and glaring over to the JFU Chairman. 

Atsuomi: Your shenanigans were unbecoming and unprofessional but warranted. I'm pleased with the match before me. Aside from a capital investment perspective, I've had no interest in professional sports, but its chaotic nature has charm. I'll continue to supply more funds to the program as per our agreement. Only ten minutes are remaining. There better not be any deviations. 

Sweating profusely, Hirotoshi smiled nervously. 

Hirotoshi: Of course!   

Tereasa: FROM THE JAWS OF CERTAIN DOOM, THE PRODIGY, ITOSHI SAE, TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF AND SCORED HIS OWN SUPER GOAL!!!

Natsuki: THE U-20 HAVE RETAINED THEIR LEAD WITH LESS THAN TEN MINUTES REMAINING IN REGULAR TIME!!!

Tereasa: IS THIS THE END OF BLUE LOCK?

Sae celebrated his 'explosion', sliding across the ground and holding out his arms to the ecstatic fans jumping up and down in cheers

Shido: You're like a whole new you, I'm jealous~ 

The rest of the U-20 all joined Sae's celebration as they huddled all over him, screaming alongside him. 

As for the Blue Lock Eleven, desperation and bewilderment seeped through their psyche.