Chapter 41: Clash of Prodigies

***Flashback***

Rin POV

I didn't want it all to go like this

Because my big brother... was the kindest person in the world... 

I swore that I'd be right there with you, as the best strikers in the world...

I swore that I'd catch up to you...

To be someone who can take on the world...

But it wasn't enough...

I lost and was abandoned by my big brother, like a disgusting pile of shit...

Football was pointless without him since I only wanted to stay by his side. Being thrown away as trash... after everything we've been through... I hated it. He ruined our dream. He ruined my dream. 

So, I wanted to ruin his. I played football...

...to crush Itoshi Sae's dream.  

***End of Flashback***

...

Rin: (And after all my ambition, he goes and changes his dream, the dream he wanted enough to throw me away... just because of you...)

Rin looked on at the view in front of him, watching Kiyotaka stand in the midst of the crowd, like their messiah. 

The erupting sounds of the crowd didn't relent, as everywhere Kiyotaka looked, hundreds of hands from the jeering fans continued to pester his sight. However, something strange entered his range of sight. Koenji, gliding across the heads of numerous fans, greeted to new Kiyotaka. 

Koenji: Not bad, Ayanokouji-boy~! Don't you feel good letting go like that?

Jumping up and down, and waving her hands veraciously, Ichinose tried to get Kiyotaka's attention. Kanzaki had to calm her down. 

Arisu, calmly from her seat, couldn't hide a smile. She quietly cheered for this new Kiyotaka.

Ryuen celebrated in his own way, by screaming out about how much money he would make with another goal.   

Kei, on the other hand alongside Sato, finally recovered from the stampede of fans and screamed out his name. 

However, it did no good. Either he couldn't hear their voices, or he didn't really care to hear their input, Kiyotaka put down his hand and turned around, jumping back into the field of play.

The rest of the team joined in and huddled around Kiyotaka. 

Kiyotaka: Celebrations are over. We're still tied. Let's give these last five minutes our all.

*WHISTLE*

A referee came by and lifted up a yellow card for excessive celebration interfering with the field of play.