Chapter 16: The Overwhelming Might of Itoshi Rin

Twenty four hours came and passed. Both Ayanokouji and Rin's teams arrived in Stage 4. There were a couple of groups that arrived as well inside Stage 4, but they didn't dare look on at the two teams in front of them.

Rin, Bachira, and their two other members agreed to the match as did Ayanokouji, Shido, Raichi, and Igarashi.

The sliding door opened and the multiple groups inside looked on as the two teams disappeared in the darkness.

Ayanokouji: (Itoshi Rin. The number one ranked Blue Lock player and the brother of Itoshi Sae. In every aspect of the game, he excels. Dribbling, shooting, positioning, speed, physicality, height, it didn't matter. Witnessing a player like that first hand will give me incredibly useful information.)

They were each given jerseys with Ayanokouji's team being team White and Rin's team being team Red.

After a couple of minutes, both teams exited the changing rooms and began heading over to the pitch.

Igarshi: Why... did you have to pick a fight with the number 1 player, Shido? We're going to get destroyed. They even have Bachira on their team!

Shido: Where's the fun if you already know you're going to defeat your opponent?

Raichi: Tch! I got no problem with this. For once, lunatic, we're on the same side. Let's crush them.

Ayanokouji: Raichi, I need you to neutralize Bachira. Shido will take one of the two other members, Igarashi can take the other one and I'll take Rin. Our plan is strictly defensive and counterattack when possible.

Raichi: Fine by me. I'll take that dribbler out of the game.

Shido: I don't really care who I defend. They aren't getting past me.

Igarashi: I'll hold my own this game.

Ayanokouji: Then let's beat the number 1.

Both teams entered the pitch with the screen turning on revealing the scoreboard.

The ball would first be in the possession of Team Red as Bachira went up to kickoff.

***THE GAME HAD BEGUN***

With his dribbling, Bachira sprinted forward, the ball glued to his feet.

Raichi, just as Ayanokouji said prior, pressured Bachira by getting incredibly physical.

Bachira: Wow, this is what Reo must have felt when getting pressured by you in our last game.

Ayanokouji: No it's completely different.

From Bachira's blind spot, Ayanokouji dashed at full speed and snatched the ball away from his feet.

Bachira: Eh?

Ayanokouji: (Now, our counterattack.)

Raichi: (Didn't he just tell me to defend him? Why'd he come by and help me?)

Shido responded to Ayanokouji's plan and sprinted to the penalty box.