Chapter 15: Relaxation and Chaos

With a team of 4, Ayanokouji walked through the exit, as a long hallway opened up that lead right into the next stage.

Shido: I wanna get another match already. Let's just fight the first team we see.

Igarashi: What?! We need to rest. We just finished a match right now.

Raichi: Whatever, chump. I'm perfectly fine to go again.

Shido: See, even shark boy gets it.

Raichi: Why, you...

Ayanokouji: We'll have to choose our next opponent carefully. We need one final player to complete our team.

Shido: Does it really matter all that much? The rest are just extras with me and you as the headliners, hehehe.

Igarashi: Huh?!

Raichi: Fucking bastard.

Ayanokouji: They're not extras. They're our defense.

Shido: Ya think I can pick the next person we take?

Ayanokouji: If you score more goals than me, then you can.

Shido: Hehehe, that's kind of unfair since I'm receiving passes from you.

Ayanokouji: I'll still grab a few myself.

Finally, the group entered the 4th stage room and saw... no one. It was completely empty.

Shido: Huh? What the hell is this?

Ayanokouji: Look over there.

On the wall, there was a sign that read: 'You must wait 24 hours before challenging another team.'

Shido: Tch! And there goes my hard-on.

Igarashi: Oh thank god, we can rest until tomorrow.

A timer started, showing a count down from 24 hours.

There was an exit door on the side that left stage 4, where the four strikers went through another hallway opening up to the cafeteria.

Ayanokouji: New quarters. Not bad.

Inside his pocket, Ayanokouji took out his phone that showed it was already nighttime.

Ayanokouji: Let's grab some dinner and find the room they've allocated for us.

Igarashi: Works for me! I'm starving!

Raichi: They might get us some good food this time.

Because of the teams low rankings, they were given low-ranked food. Ayanokouji had the usual rice and miso soup but his side dish was natto. Shido had pickled raddish. Igarashi had ramen. Raichi, on the other hand, had a Hamburger steak.

Igarashi: No fair, Raichi. I want it-

Raichi: Get your own fucking steak. This one is mine.

Igarashi: Shouldn't the loser be grateful the winner chose them?!

Ayanokouji quietly ate his food, and Shido used his chopsticks to snatch some natto from him.

Shido: I'll give ya some radish for some of your natto.

Ayanokouji: Look over there.

Shido peered his head towards where Ayanokouji was looking at and there he saw a place that redeemed points that you've accumulated.