Chapter 5: The Egoist Moves Forward

Isagi: (Bachira's weapon is his dribbling. It's a solo tactic where he gets up the field as far as he can on his own. It's an egoistic tactic only available to someone who's weapon is overwhelming.)

Easily passing through 3 defenders, Bachira made his way closer to the goal. 

???: Make it a two-on-one!

???: Don't let him through. 

Two defenders stuck onto Bachira like glue. His dribbling could get him past one but they took good angles and now Bachira was stuck and swarmed.

 His dribbling could get him past one but they took good angles and now Bachira was stuck and swarmed

Bachira: Will two be enough? I'm coming through. 

Sensing there was someone trying to steal the ball from behind, Bachira dribbled the ball away from the sneaky defender. 

He wore the number 7 shirt and had hair covering his eyes. It was a striker by the name of Niko. 

Niko: There are three of us. I've done my homework on your dribbling. 

Bachira: You're not bad, Mr. Bangs. In that case, I'll pass it back. 

Passing it over to Ayanokouji, he took the ball and passed a defender, hitting a powerful dart pass to Kunigami, giving him his favored mid-range shot. 

Ayanokouji: (They're trapping Bachira because they know about his dribbling. It seems they've done their research on all of us.) 

Kunigami: Nice, Ayanokouji. 

In one swift motion, Kunigami shot the ball with his left canon only for two defenders to stick out their legs, deflecting the ball away.

Kunigami: Damn.

Each player in Team Y coordinated the defense from their positions, even the goalkeeper. 

Isagi: (They couldn't have improvised this. They're also working with a plan. And why wouldn't they be? Just like us, if they lose they're out.)

Igarashi: Bachira, go again!

Ayanokouji: (Their tactics revolve around being extremely defensive. This can only mean one thing: they value their counterattack high. We shouldn't keep pressuring them up front.)

Ten minutes passed so it was time for the next striker, Kunigami. Ayanokouji shifted to the right and took the right midfielder position. 

Raichi, with the ball, passes to Kunigami who's once again open in the middle. 

Ayanokouji: (Kunigami's power shot is useless if two defenders are constantly standing in the way of its trajectory.)

For the second time, it was blocked by the same two defenders. Their defense appeared incredibly impenetrable.

The ball went out of bounds closer to the middle. Chigiri threw the ball back into play to Bachira. 

Niko: Eliminate the space between their number 9 and number 8.