Prologue

"Jules, are you ready?" My mom asked as she put her hand on my shoulder. I couldn't respond. Instead I just nodded sadly and started walking to the car. I was getting ready to get in when two arms pulled me into a hug. "I love you." Mason said to me. Just like with my mom, I didn't respond. Instead I just nodded sadly. He stood there with me in his arms. After the rest of my family piled into the car and it was time to go, I kissed him on the cheek.  I then pulled away and jumped into the car.

We started to make our way to Barcelona. I put my headphones in and was listening to "k." By Cigarettes after Sex when my little sister, Skylar, tapped me on the shoulder. I took my airpods out to hear what she had to say. "Did you hear mom?" She asked me. I looked up at my mom's eyes in the rear view mirror in confusion. "I put Skylar into the FcBarça youth club and I am going to need you to help me with her rides." She said to me, I slumped back into my seat and groaned. "Of course! You take away my home and my friends and I have to drive Skylar around. Of Course!" I whined. No one responded to me and I put my airpods back in.

I looked over at my phone to see that Mason texted me. I sighed hard again because I knew I needed to break up with him. Yes, there was a time when I did love him, I really did. Just, I don't love him anymore. I don't know why. It hurt me to know that I have to hurt someone I loved and someone who loves me. I closed my eyes and hoped that sleep would take me somewhere else than where I was right now.

6 hours later we pulled into the driveway of a decent looking house. It wasn't too big or too small. I actually kind of liked it. I slowly got out of the car and my mom came around the car to hug my sister and I. "This is our new home." She said, trying to comfort us. They stood there for a second before walking away to grab their things. I was left in the darkness of the summer night. The warm air made me feel better, but I still would much rather be at home in Madrid.

After standing in the darkness and warmth of the night, I decided to walk inside and try to make the best of my fresh start.

Don't get me wrong I had a great life in Madrid, but last school year, things got dark. My best friend had a boyfriend and one night, when we were at a party, he tried to make a move on me. I made an attempt to push him off me, but he was a huge athlete and I am not as strong. While in the midst of this happening, she walked in and thought it was consensual on both sides. She flipped out on him and I. After that, all my friends cut me off and no matter how much I tried to explain, none of them would listen.

I was ready for a new start. I walked into the house and saw my sister and my mom sorting through the pile of boxes that the movers had put in our living room. I hopped in and started helping. "This is yours." Skylar said and handed me a box that held my Real Madrid memorabilia. "Now that I am a Fcbarça player, you can't hang Madrid stuff up in this house." She said with a little hair flip. "One, not going to happen and two, you aren't a first team player. You are a youth player." I shot back and grabbed the box.

It was around 11 at night and we had been sorting for hours. "I am going to sleep." I said to my family. Before I could make it all the way up the stairs, My mom stopped me. "Hey, I would like  you to  drive Skylar to practice tomorrow. I need to go find a job." She said to me and I rolled my eyes. I didn't know what was up with me. Usually I was happy , but right now I just wanted to sleep.