7- Mason

Gavi's POV

I woke up and yawned the biggest I have ever before. I looked down to see that Jules was balled up next to me. She had grabbed a little white bear stuffed animal and was holding it in her arms. I rolled over to see if I had any notifications. When I flipped my phone over, I had no less than 100 missed calls and texts from the team. They were asking where I was, why I left, and if it had anything to do with Jules. I quietly set my phone down without responding to any of them and looked at Jules. I realized that I was still sweaty and in my jersey from the game. I felt bad, but I needed to clean up. I lightly tapped her on the shoulder and she groaned. "I want to take a shower, but I need a towel. Where are they?" I whispered to her. She still had her head facing towards our feet and she didn't respond to me. I tapped her again and she sprung up wide awake. "There in that box." She told me as she pointed to a box that was labeled "towels". I laughed and grabbed one before walking into her bathroom.

I was big and bright. It had white painted walls and white marble counters. I set my clothes down and hopped in the shower. I let the warm water hit my body as I used her rose petal soap to clean myself. As I was taking my shower, I let my mind wander. I was thinking about Jules and how crazy she made me. Before I met her, there was no way that I would ever leave a practice let alone run off the field in the middle of a game for a girl. But Jules just made me want to do it. She made me want to put her before anything else and I have never felt it. It didn't scare me, it confused me.

I finished my shower and walked back out into her room only to find her asleep again. My eyes wandered from my phone. I knew I would have to respond to people. I picked up my phone and started to scroll. Took my time responding to everyone, but I realized that Xavi deserved a phone call. I walked out of her room and into the hallway. I clicked the phone icon and hoped he would answer. It wasn't super late, but it was late enough where he probably wouldn't answer. I was pacing around in front of her door as each ring shook my ear drums. "Hello?" I heard Xavi say from the other line. I froze, I couldn't move or open my mouth. What was I going to say to him? How would I rationalize walking put on a game that we needed to win?

"Hi, this is Gavi's cousin. I just wanted to call to explain that there was a family emergency. Someone must have told him during halftime and that is why he ran out. I was calling because he is too distraught to call you, but we both decided that you deserved an explanation." Jules spoke softly to him. She had taken the phone out of hand and saved me from being in trouble. I watched her as she lied straight to him, but it didn't make me feel mad or upset, it made me happy that she would do something like this for me. "He needs a couple of day, but he should be back by Wednesday." After she was done with it she said goodbye and hung up. "You owe me!!!" she giggled as she handed my phone back.

______

We were laying in her bed again when someone knocked on her bedroom door. "Come in!!!" she chirped as we scooted a part. Her mom slowly opened her door and walked in. "Jules, there is someone here for you." Her tone was not comforting. Jules looked over at me and stood up. I was getting ready to follow her, but she told me to sit back down. After she walked out of the room, her mom just smiled at me. "You don't do drugs, right?" She joked. I shook my head no and she walked out while laughing.

Jules' Pov

I slowly made my way down the stairs. I walked closer to the front door and I heard a familiar voice talking to Sky. I freaked when I realized who it was. I didn't want to go in there, but I couldn't hide any longer. "Mason. What are you doing here?" I was mad. I walked over and told Skylar to go to her room. She didn't want to, but eventually I got her to go. "You shouldn't be here." I was actually speechless. How could he do this? He drove 7 hours to get me back?

"I am so sorry Jules. I twas a misunderstanding. I never cheated on you. That girl was drunk and I didn't know what she was doing." He just said anything he could think of. "Please Jules..... Take me back.... I love you." He begged. All I could do was chuckle and shake my head. I was in disbelief. I looked around hoping that someone would walk in and save me from this. Just kept blabbing.

I finally took a big slurp of air in which caused him to stop talking. He stepped closer to me and tried to hold my hand, but I pulled back. "You need to leave." I said to him as I walked towards the door. He didn't move from his spot in the entryway. "You need to-" I started, but was cut off. "-go. You need to go." Gavi as he walked in. Mason looked between the two of us. "Wow Jules! You get over me fast." He said, but I just stood there avoiding eye contact.

After a while of standing there, he scoffed and walked to the door. Before he opened the door he turned around one more time to look me in the eyes this time. "I always thought Addison was hotter than you." he said to me. Then he opened the door and walked out while I stood there.

Addison was my former best friend. She was the one who thought that her boyfriend cheated on her with me. She was the one who turned all my friends against me.

*SLAM* The slam of my front door brought me back to reality. I stood there for a second, but then squatted down and put my hands on my face. I started to cry. I felt someone pull me into a hug. A part of me wanted it to be Gavi, but when I opened my eyes, I saw that it was my mom who pulled me to her chest. I just leaned into her and cried.

Gavi's POV

It was now midnight and Jules' mom had just put her to bed. I was standing in their living room with no idea what to do. I just stood there in silence. After a couple minutes, her mom came back downstairs and sat down on the couch. She looked over at me and tapped the cushion next to her, signaling for me to sit down. I cautiously did as I was told and sat down facing her.

"Jules has been through a lot recently. With my ex- husband and I getting divorced, moving cities, and her breakup with Mason, I am just questioning if a relationship is the best idea right now. I think that some space would be best." She said to me, I looked at her, waiting for her to tell me it was a joke. I gulped and nodded. There was no fighting with her mom. I just silently stood up and grabbed my things before walking out the door.

I kept my game face on until in my car, which is really Pedri's. I started to drive. 

A/N: Are we liking the direction the story is in? if not what can I do to make it better? LMK!!!