8- "I Just Needed To Know He Was There"

A/N: I have been wanting to try that instagram thing that people do in stories. It is where the people post on "instagram." In story. I know I have seen tons of stories and I just want to try it out. Let me know if it bothers you.

*RING*RING*RING*RING* "Hi this is Gavi, I can't get to the phone right now" Of course, his voicemail again. I started to freak out! Why wasn't he responding to any of my texts and calls? It had been a week since Mason had shown up and after I went to bed, Gavi disappeared. Maybe it had something to do with my ex showing up and begging for me back that made him uncomfortable.

I threw my phone down on my bed and stormed downstairs. "Sweetie what's wrong?" My mom asked me as she sensed my anger. I didn't respond so she stood up and walked over to me. She hugged me, but I pulled back. She looked me in my eyes before motioning me to the seat at the island. I cautiously walked over and planted my butt right where it is supposed to go.

She took a deep breath and started to rub her eyes. "Last week, after you went to sleep, I had a little talk with that boy." When I heard her say that, my eyes widened. "I just told him that I think you needed space and that he should stay away for a little while." She stuck her hand out to grab my hand. I pulled both of my hands back and looked at her angrily. "You did what?!" I asked and I started to collect my things. "Sweetie!!Stop!!!" She begged as she reached for me, but I just broke out of her arms and ran out the door.

Gavi's POV

It had been the worst week in a while. The longer I stayed away from her, the more I wanted to be around her. I felt almost homesick. It was crazy because I didn't even know her for that long, but still the only thing I could think about was her blonde hair and blue eyes.

It was mid training and when I glanced over at the stands, I swear I saw her. I stumbled back and broke eye contact for a second. I just laid there, staring up at the sky. Some people ran over to help me up and once I was back on two feet, I looked back over. I didn't see anyone sitting there. My heart dropped. A part of me didn't want her to be here because I knew I wouldn't be able to stop myself, but another part of me wanted her to run into my arms the second that training was over. It didn't matter though. She wasn't here. "Come on Gavi," Ansu yelled at me. I slowly turned around and ran back over to the group.

_____

Training was over and I was walking with Pedri back to our cars. "Bro." Pedri said while pointing towards something. I looked over at our car to see that someone was sitting by it. I froze. I knew who it was sitting there and I couldn't move. I didn't want to go against what her mom said because I knew it was true. She needed space and I was going to give it to her.

My thoughts dissolved when I saw her stand up and run over to me. Before I could say anything, she pulled me into a hug. "I am so sorry. My mom just told me what she said. I didn't tell her to do that. I am so sorry. I am so sorry. I am so sor-" She was babbling, but I cut her off. "Jules, it's ok," I rubbed her back ever so slightly. She squeezed me even tighter as we just stood there hugging.

Jules' POV

"Ok time to go!!" Pedri shooed us into the car. We got in and started to drive. "Where are we going?" I asked because I realized I was never told. "Picnic with friends," Pedri responded. I nodded and looked down at my phone. I saw that I had gotten a text from Pedri. It was a photo. I clicked on it and smiled. It was a photo of us hugging in the parking lot. I liked how we looked next to each other.

"Can I post this?" I leaned forward and showed him the phone screen. He stared at it for a long time with a smile on his face. I giggled, "I take that as a yes." I pulled the phone out of his hand and posted it.