6- Game Day

"What are you wearing?" Gavi asked the second my butt hit the seat. Pedri turned around to see what it was and his face dropped too. "What you don't like it?" I asked innocently. They just look at each other and then back at me. "We love anything you wear unless it is that." Pedri responded. I looked down at my Real Madrid jersey and chuckled. I looked back up at the boys. "Well too bad because I have nothing else to wear." Pedri looked at Gavi and Gavi looked at Pedri. "Lucky for you we have like 1000 jerseys and you can wear one of mine." Gavi said while digging through his bag for a jacket. "For the walk into the stadium wear this." I took it and put it in with a smile on my face. We all broke out into laughter as we drove closer.

When we got there, we pulled into the players only garage. We all got out and grabbed our stuff and walked into the stadium. No paparazzi were allowed down here which made me feel more comfortable. After we made it in, we walked down a long hallway and that is when we were met with fans. Everyone was chanting Gavi and Pedri's name. They walked over and signed some things. The problem was I didn't really know what to do so I just stood there awkwardly. I saw as people whispered and pointed between Gavi and I. I tried to ignore it, but more and more people started to do it. I guess the boys took notice because they turned around and waved at me to follow them.

I did as I was told and ran to catch up with them. We walked down an even longer hallway and straight into the locker room. We must have been the first ones there because no one else was there when we arrived. Gavi quickly grabbed one of his shirts for me. He threw me the jersey and I took off the tops I was already wearing to put on the new one. As I was doing it, I saw from my peripheral vision both of them staring at me. "What?" I chuckled while pulling it over my head. I watched as Gavi's eyes widened as he looked over at Pedri for a response. "You are hot!" Pedri exclaimed and it made us all laugh.

After I finished changing, Gavi swiftly took the Madrid jersey from me and stuffed it in his bag. "You will get it back later." He winked at me. I sighed and sat down on one of the player blocks. We stayed like this for a while, talking and laughing like we always do. We kept doing this until some other players started showing up. I got to meet some of them, but as more people showed up, he decided it was time to take me to the seats for family. When we got there, I saw that Mikky and Sira were already sitting there together. When they saw me they jumped up and hugged me. I glanced back at Gavi one last time as he walked back to the team.

"Hi my name is Aurora and I am Gavi's sister." A girl said as she stuck her hand out to me. "It's nice to meet you. My name is Jules." I said taking her hand. "And you are Gavi's friend." Mikky said while winking at me. I awkwardly nodded as I slapped her shoulder.

A little while later, the boys ran out onto the field. I watched as Gavi smiled and waved at me. I could see that Aurora was watching me. I giggled when I saw how she smiled at me. I looked over at her and she giggled back at me.

The game started a little while later as normal. Everything was going well, but for some reason I couldn't shake the feeling of my stomach feeling queasy. I didn't really pay much attention to it, but at around the 30 minute mark, I threw up. (In the bathroom. Don't worry)

Gavi's pov

It was seconds away from halftime and I was making a break to the goal. I took a deep breath and took a shot on goal. My life went in slow motion as I watched the ball go straight to the back of the net. My feet subconsciously started running to the corner of the field. I felt my teammates run up to me and jump on my back. I was happy but wasn't satisfied until I could see jules' smiling face. I broke away and started to run over to the section they were sitting in, but stopped dead in my tracks when I saw that both Mikky and her were missing. My heart dropped as I realized that she missed my goal. Where could she have been? The bathroom? Getting food? Why would she miss this?

Right after the goal the whistle for half time was blown and I stormed off the field. I angrily walked into the locker room and flung myself down. "What's wrong?" Raphiña asked as everyone looked concerned at me. "It's nothing" I huffed under my breath. Seconds later Mikky walked into the locker room and unexpectedly walked up to me instead of Frenkie. "We should talk in the hallway." She whispered and I jumped up. I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I pulled her into the hallway.

"Jules is sick and her mom came to pick her up. She is going home, but she wanted me to tell you she is proud of how well you played." She spoke calmly to me. I got angry at myself. How could I have gotten mad at her when she was actually sick herself. I nodded and walked back into the locker room. Like when I walked out, everyone watched me as I walked back in and to my spot. I could feel Pedri looking at me, but I just kept my eyes down at my feet until Xavi walked in. He tried to celebrate my goal with me, but I wasn't having it.

I drugged behind everyone as we walked back out onto the field. I tried my best to shake off the feeling. I took some deep breaths and cleared my head. Or so I thought. The second half started. I have never been a player to watch the clock, but my eyes were practically glued to the clock as I watched every second count down. It was around minute 55 and a player hit me. I took the opportunity to fall down onto the ground. I just laid there and Ansu ran up to me. As he knelt down I told him I needed a sub. He just looked at me confused because he didn't think I was injured, but I nodded at him and he turned around to signal to Xavi.

I ran off the field, but didn't run to the bench, instead I walked to the stairs. "Gavi! Where the fuck are you goi-" Xavi yelled to me, but I just kept running. I ran it into the locker room and didn't even change out of my jersey. Instead, I just grabbed my bag and started to run to Pedro's car. I hopped in and sped off.

I drove out of the garage and people started to swarm my car. I can't remember the last time that I was this mad. I honked my horn and luckily the people backed off. I just picked up the speed as I drove to Jules' house. When I got there I ran to the front door without a second thought. I knocked on the door and was restlessly standing on the front porch. A couple moments later, a woman, who I assume was her mom, answered the door. She looked at me confused. To be honest, I would be confused too. A sweaty guy in a jersey shows up to your house asking for your daughter. How would you feel?

"I need to see your daughter." I was almost begging her. She smiled and stepped to the side while pointing to a door at the top of the stairs. I ran up to the top and burst through the door. "Gavi?" She asked me as she sat up in bed, "why aren't you at your game?" I just stood there and looked at her. She was pale and her voice was hoarse. I softened as I walked up to her. I pushed her down so she was lying. Her bright blue eyes just stared at me waiting for an answer, but I didn't have one. I didn't know what led me to run off from one of my games. I didn't know why she was on my mind so much, but I was here and it didn't matter.

I walked over to the other side of the bed and laid down. I put my arm out and pulled her closer to me. She didn't fight it, she just scooted until her face was up to the crook of my neck. I could feel her breath lightly blowing on my skin and her soft hair tickling my jawline. We just laid like this while we watched the end of the barça game that she had been watching on tv. We ended up winning with my goal being the only goal of the game.

When the game was over, I shifted to turn the tv off. I laid back down and stared up at the ceiling while I scratched her head. She had fallen asleep a while ago and I knew that we would eventually have to talk about our situation, but for now it was nice that she was just here with me. In my arms and pressed up against my body. I could feel her ever so slightly shaking with the chills. I didn't care if she got me sick because then I wouldn't have to go to training. Instead I could just stay with her for a week.

I moved a strand of her hair out of her face and I noticed how beautiful she actually was. Just the way the light shined in and hit her face; it just made her look stunning. I fell asleep just admiring her.