26- Concussion

Gavi's pov

Jules is finally coming to the game. I excitedly pulled up to her house and she came running out. She was wearing a Barcelona jersey that I knew had my name on the back. I smiled at her as she sat down in the passenger's seat. She leaned over and gave me a quick kiss before pulling out her phone and texting someone. I started the car and we made our way to the stadium. I had arranged for her to sit behind the bench again because I liked having her so close and I liked being able to keep an eye on her. She followed close behind me as we walked to the door. I made sure to hold it for her. She gave the cheekiest smile and walked in. I followed behind her this time and she grabbed my hand.

It was still super early and just the early birds were starting to get to their seats so Xavi let her come. I hit in the field. She stood there and watched as we did our stretches. I had only turned my head away from her for a moment, but when I turned back she was talking to some boys our age. I watched closely and tensed up my jaw when she started laughing at what they were saying. Balde took notice and came up behind me and slapped me on the back of the head. "Calm down lover boy," he whispered to me and kept running away. I didn't do what he said and made sure to watch them closely. She didn't talk to them for too long though and once they walked away she just turned around and sat down. We made eye contact and silently nodded at each other.

Jules' pov

They had finished warming up and that is when Mikky showed up. I made sure to wish Gavi a good game and walked over to the seats. We cheered extra loud when they ran back out and screamed Henry their names were announced.

With that the game started pretty smoothly. I noticed that Gavi was getting mad at one of the players. I just knew that this wasn't going to end well. Throughout the whole first half they were going back and forth, but nothing major. As the boys walked off the field we High fived them. They all played along with our bit except for Gavi. He just rolled his eyes when he saw us and walked off. I looked at Mikky, but she was too busy talking to Balde who did something.

I had this weird feeling in my stomach, but knew that it wasn't my fault. He had a rough half and probably just needed space.

So when the boys walked back out into the field I avoided eye contact. I continued to cheer for the team though. Nothing was going on in the game so I turned my head for a second to talk to Mikky and right when I turned my head back around I saw the player punch Gavi square in the face. Mikky and I froze as we watched in slow motion as he stumbled back and fell to the ground. Pedri and Frenkie ran up and shoved the guy as Gavi laid there not moving. At this point I was standing up, waiting for him to stand up and shake it off, but he didn't.

GAVI's pov

I think I lost consciousness, but I'm not sure. All I remember is standing on the field and then moments later I was laying on the ground with a headache. The trainers were all standing over me. When they saw me come back to reality, they started to ask me questions about where I was hurt. "Jules...'' I mumbled. One of the trainers asked me to repeat. "Jules...." I mumbled again. "Jules?" Balde asked from above me. I nodded very small and he turned to signal something to Xavi.

The trainers helped me up and I slowly walked off the field with my arm around their shoulders. My vision was blurry and all I felt was the trainers let go of me for a second and I started to fall, but I felt two arms wrap around me. Judging by the height of the person, I knew who it was. She helped me up the stairs and we walked in the medical room. She wouldn't lose contact with me though. She mostly held my hand, but there were moments where she had her hand in my hair.

Jules' pov

I watched the trainers run out and sit on the field with him for a second. I saw Blade set something and then signal to Xavi. Xavi smiled at one of the assistant coaches. I was confused why he was smiling when one of his players was lying injured on the field. After shooting the look to the coach he turned around and made eye contact with me. He pointed to the stairs and I walked them to the entrance of the tunnel. I got there right when Gavi made it off the field. The trainers signaled to me and I ran up to hug him. He was sweaty and gross, but I heard the sigh of happiness when I got to him.

Gavi's pov

The doctors had sent me home with a concussion. I was lying in my bed. I assumed Jules had gone home, but I really had no idea where she was. I was staring at the ceiling in the dark replaying the events on the field before the punch.

~flashback~ (third person view)

Gavi was running down the field with the ball. He was about to pass it to Raphiña, but was taken down by the same player who had been giving him trouble. "You better fucking stop or I will stop you," Gavi growled as he stepped closer. "I don't think you want to do this in front of your girl. Do you?" He smirked. "She is hot and I am going to get with her," He snarled which caused his teammates to laugh. Gavi stood there trying to think of a comeback, but before he could he felt the bones of fingers come in contact with his face.

~end flashback~

I was thinking about what my comeback could have been, but my head was in so much pain that I could breathe. It was 2 am so I was surprised when I heard my bedroom door open. I tried to make out who was standing in my room, but it was no use. I felt something really cold touch my head and a kiss on the cheek follow. I closed my eyes as the person started to pet my cheek. "Giving me a heart attack," she whispered. "and you just get to sleep." I knew who it was now by the softness of her voice. She took the ice pack off my head and was about to stand up, but I rolled over and grabbed her wrist. "Stay here," I croaked out. She set the stuff down in the side table and comes to lay down next to me. She put her body in the crease of my arm. She kept her hand on my cheek and I could feel her looking at me through the darkness. "You really scared me," She sweetly whispered to me. She touched a spot in my face and I winched. I didn't know why because nothing in the outside if my face hurt. She sat up and turned the lamp in and gasped, "Holy shit Gavi!" I looked at her confused. She grabbed her phone and turned the selfie camera on. I looked at myself and saw the biggest black eye I had ever seen.

I moved the phone and saw the terror on her face. "It's going to be ok. This isn't the first black eye I have ever had." I said to her. I pushed some hair out of her face and turned the light off. "But-" She croaked out through the new found darkness in the room. I felt her arms go around my waist and squeeze me tight. I move my Arms around her. "Not buts I will be fine. You just need to sleep it has been a long night," I cut her off. This time I was comforting her. I put my hands into her hair and she burrowed further into me. I adjusted a little bit so we were both more comfortable.

I could tell she had gone to sleep because her breath evened out and her grip loosened ever so slightly. I couldn't sleep though. The words that the guy spoke out on the field today just scared me. It was crazy how some men could use the person I love as a way to get to me in a game and what if he wasn't lying and he was going to try to violate her? With all this going through my head, I just laid in bed with the girl of dreams next to me. I did this until the sun came up and all my fears seemed to fade away.