34- Just Another Day

A/N: I feel like today I wanted to just go back to my roots and do a simple yet cute chapter. I used to do this all the time in "Support System" and low key miss it. ENJOY!

I woke up today with nothing important to do. Gavi was at training so I had to entertain myself today. I got out of bed and did my usual morning routine. When I was done I put on some pants and a sweatshirt that I had stolen from Gavi. When I was done, I walked downstairs to annoy my mom. "Good morning sweetie," She said to me. I smiled at her and grabbed some orange juice from the fridge. My butt hadn't even had time to make contact with the bar stool when I got a text from Gavi. It read, "Have you mom drive you over to training." I sent a confirmation back. "Can you drive me to the training grounds," I excitedly asked her. "You guys can't stay away from each other," She chuckled while raising an eyebrow at me. I just aggressively shook my head as she picked up her purse.

Sky wanted to tag along because of obvious reasons. We all piled into the car and made the short drive. When mom pulled up, I hopped out and quickly ran through the building. I burst through the doors and kept running up the stairs until you reached the field where you saw the boys working out. You had to laugh at the things these players would do to stay limber. You quietly snuck up behind the boys struggling to stay on one foot and scared them out of their minds. You felt Pedro's body jump in your hands as you placed them on his shoulder to knock him over.

It ended up with them all in a pile laughing. You looked at the pile and realized that there was something missing in it. You. you decided to change that by jumping onto them and adding the final touches to the player piggy pile that was formed because of your doing. After a while of laughing and lying, Xavi walked off the building and started to scold the boys for messing around, but then his eyes fell on you. "You're causing havoc at my training, aren't you?" he playfully questioned even though he already knew the answer.

After your encounter with Xavi, you walked off the field and let them finish up training and then waited outside of the locker room for them to get done changing and getting ready. "JULES!" you heard a voice exclaim from behind you and break you out of your daydreaming that you had started to fall into. "GAVI!" You yelled as you ran up and hugged him. You had only been apart for a night, but that was long enough for you to miss him. You jumped up onto his back and he carried you piggy back style all the way to the car.

You got there and he set you down before turning around and flashing you an evil grin. "You are practicing for your driving test, right?" He questioned you while holding the passenger's side door closed. You sighed as he handed you the keys to drive. Ever since I turned 18, Gavi had been obsessed with the idea of me driving. Anytime we would hang out, he would make me drive because he wanted the day that I get my license to come sooner.

I jumped into the driver's seat and started the car. I started the car and I felt my breath speed up as I turned the key in the ignition. "Take deep breaths," He calmly said to me in an attempt to calm my nerves even the slightest bit. I tried taking a deep breath. I pulled out of the parking garage and merged onto the main road. "Where are we going today?" I asked him hoping that he had a plan because of his text to me earlier today. "Just drive forward," He responded.

___

We had been driving for a while now. We had made it out of the inner city barcelona. My knuckles were white and my palms were sweaty from gripping the steering wheel so tightly. Gavi took notice of this and put his hand on my leg in an attempt to calm me down in the slightest bit. I didn't want to take my eyes off the road, but decided to momentarily glance over at him with wide eyes. I was super nervous, but he just let out a little chuckle and told me to pull over.

I quickly pulled the car over and barely put it in park before I catapulted myself out of the driver's seat. I ran over to the other side of the car and got comfortable in the passenger's seat where I belonged. Gavi had gotten into the other side and started the car so we could be on our way again.

Although the vibes were good, the day was not. It was gloomy and overcast. I had leaned my chair back and was staring out the window at the gray skies. I could tell it was going to rain, but hoped it wouldn't because my deminer always dropped when it started raining.

We made our way flying down the road before we pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant. It wasn't anything special. He got out and ran around the side of the car to open the door for me. I happily grabbed his hand as he helped me out of the car. We walked in with our hands still intertwined in each other's. "Table for 2," He said to the hostess. She smiled at me and led us out to the outdoor patio that the restaurant had. She set the menus down and left us to do our thing. Gavi made sure to pull the chair out for me while flashing me a cheeky smile. I happily accepted the kind gesture and sat down.

It was such a fun afternoon. We ordered bottomless dishes and ate to our hearts content. When we were finished the staff invited us to stay as long as we wanted because they loved the positive energy that we brought. We sat there for hours and talked about what we see our futures looking like.

I said that I wanted to have 3 kids and a husband that I trust. Then, once the kids were all grown up, I was going to move to a little town on the coast of Italy and live out the rest of my days with the locals.

Gavi said that he wanted to play football until his body physically said to stop. He wanted to have kids and a wife that would come to all of his games, support his highs, and be there for him at his lows. After his career was over and the kids were off, he wanted to retire in a secluded place where the fans wouldn't find him and he could just enjoy his elderly years with his wife.

He made sure to look me in the eyes anytime he mentioned "his wife". I couldn' tell if I was overthinking something, but it felt targeted at me. That made me start to blush and I put my face into my hands to hide it. Gavi must not have liked it because he grabbed my jaw and forced me to look up at him. We stared into each other's eyes when he said, "God Jules I could look at you all day and not get tired." I love this man. I love this man. I love this man.

Gavi's Pov

After our conversation we realized how long we had been there. We both decided it was time to leave and made sure to thank the workers for letting us stay so long. After we said bye, we walked out to the car and started our journey back home. The problem was that neither of us really wanted to go home. We wanted to stay with each other. So, I suggested that we go to the beach together. She happily agreed and I changed my route so we could end up there.

We pulled up and the sun was just starting to go down. We hopped out and I waited with my hand out so she could run up and grab it. Once she did, we peacefully walked to the edge of the water and just had our feet in. It was oddly silent, but not awkward. We stood there for a while, while we watched the sun go down.

It slowly started to get chilly and I felt Jules wrap her arms around my torso. I made sure that I hugged her back as we watched the last sliver of sun go behind the ocean. "I love you," she whispered right before we let go. "I love you too."