36-Campeones de la liga (Part 1)

A/N: DON'T WORRY Y'ALL, I WILL BE DOING A PART TWO TO THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE OF ALL THE DETAILS I WANT TO ADD.

Gavi's POV

"I LOOOOOVE YOU" I shouted from the steps of the bus as I waved to Jules. She waved back from the inside. I took one more second to admire her before turning around and walking to where I couldn't see her anymore. Everyone else had already boarded so I quickly sat down so as to not hold everyone up. I situated myself for the ride and picked up my phone only to see a text from Jules. It read....

"Goodluck at your game, but if you don't win the title then don't come home. Love you!"

I chuckled and sent back....

"I guess I will be coming home then ;)"

The bubble popped up that she was typing, but Pedri took the phone out of my hand. "Ok guys! We have 10 minutes until we get there and we need to be hype!" He announced the whole bus and seconds later, music started to blast. Everyone got up and sang while jumping around.

Like Pedri had mentioned, the bus ride was 14 minutes at max so we didn't have a ton of time, but we were still hype. When we pulled up, we could see tons of barca fans showing up to support us even though it wasn't at home.

We hopped off the bus and walked into the stadium. I tried to act all scary, but Jules kept texting me and I kept laughing. It got to the point where, once again, Pedri took my phone away from me. I felt bad because I could still see my screen lighting up with her texts, but I couldn't respond.

I got dressed and the team went out onto the field to warm up and practice. I was practically shaking with nerves. These were the times where it would be nice to look over in the stands and see Jules smiling back at me. Pedri noticed my usually hype mood was sad. "Come on bro you know she is watching," He whispered to me in between sprints. I took a second to catch my breath and ponder what he said before I had to run more sprints.

Jules' POV

We couldn't get free tickets to the game and Gavi wanted to be able to have time with his team so I decided to stay home. My mom thought it would be fun to throw a watch party. I had put on my Gavi jerseys and helped my mom set up when we heard the first people ring the doorbell. My mom went to get it and I heard her scream from where I was in the kitchen. I walked in to see who had arrived and why she was so excited. As I got closer, I heard a very familiar voice. I ran up and stepped around my mom to see that my childhood best friend was standing there.

Jesse's mom and my mom had been friends since they were in pre school. That meant that we were always around each other as younger kids. We had grown super close, but as we got older people would force us to like each other. We had never liked each other, but with all the pressure our friendship slowly got more and more strained. Then when we were about 14 his family moved to France and we barely talked.

All of the awkward feelings between us were long forgotten as I basically threw myself at him. He caught me into a hug and I could feel some tears coming up in my eyes. I missed my best friend so much and I was happy to finally be with him. When we pulled back, we realized that all of our parents had walked inside and we were the only ones standing there. I stepped to the side and gestured for him to walk in before me.

Gavi's Pov

We walked in from warm ups and I ran to my phone. I saw that jules hadn;t texted me since I sent an "i love you" text as I ran out onto the field. I thought this was weird and decided to call her. It rang a couple of times before she finally picked up. "Hey?" She asked, sounding really confused. I was about to reply when I heard a man's voice in the background of the call. Seeing as the only people who lived in her house were women so I was starting to get concerned. "Who is that?" I asked her straight up. There was a pause. "Just one of my friends," She said to me and then good at something he said.

I felt a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Suddenly the game didn't matter and I wanted to investigate. She brought me out of my thoughts by a sudden end to the phone call. I tried to stop her, but the line went dead. I was pissed and stood up to chuck my phone across the locker room. It hit the locker across from me with a loud thud that made everyone go silent. Pedri took a step towards me to see if I was ok, but I just stormed out of the locker room.

Jesse's POV

I was sitting at her desk chair and she was laying on her bed. She had turned on the Football game. I could see that she was wearing Gavi's jersey and I had seen the news articles about them dating. I didn't actually follow her on social media so I had no idea if it was true or not. I looked over at her lying there with her hair spread all over her pillows. She looked as pretty as she always had.

I have had a crush on her since first grade when she used matching swimsuits on a beach trip that our families went on. She had always been oblivious to my feelings. When we got older, and people started making comments about our dating, I relayed where I stood with her when she would just wave them off. I decided that I would probably just be friends with her so at least she could be in my life. I found myself sitting there feeling the same way I did 10 years ago on that beach.

Gavi's Pov

The first half went by super slow. I had picked fights with tons of players because of my fear that Jules was with another guy. I walked into the locker room and picked up my phone. I was pondering the pros and cons of calling her. My heart worked faster than my brain and I pushed her contact photo on my calls app. The phone rang four times and then went to voicemail. This was even worse than hearing his voice in the back of her calls.

Jules' Pov

The game ended with a win. I watched all the coverage of the team celebrating. I made sure to text all the guys and congratulate them. I ran downstairs and hugged my mom and Sky. Nothing could have knocked me off this high. I tried to call Gavi, but he didn't answer. I boiled his absence down to the fact that he was probably celebrating. I decided to give him time and went to talk to the people in the living room.

Gavi's POV

I wanted to get to her house. Screw all the celebrations, I wanted to figure this out. After hours of yelling we cleaned up and pickled onto the bus for the 10 minute ride back to Camp Nou. I was the first one off the bus and didn't even give the team a second as I ran to my car. I jumped in a start- up. I let camp Nou fade into the background of my drive as I sped to Jules' house.

When I got there, I parked at the end of the driveway and ran up it. I had a key to their house because she was too lazy to come downstairs to open it when we hung out. I skipped a stair as I ran up to the front door. I jammed the key in and ran into her house. I heard voices in the living room. I tried to be quiet to catch her off guard if she was doing anything bad, but when I turned the corner, I saw that she and a ton of adults were sitting there talking. When she saw me, her eyes turned soft.

When I saw that she and the boy weren;t even near each other, my heart melted. I started to cry in relief as she jumped up and ran over to me. She pulled me into an embrace and I let my head fall into her neck as I took in her scent. "You did it Gavi," She whispered to me. Little did she know that I wasn't crying because of the win.

"Get dressed because the team is having a party at the club," is said to her as we pull back. She turned around and her mom nodded in confirmation. She indeed yes and Jules went up to kiss me on the cheek before running up to her room.

I was left standing there all dumb looking. After a moment of just staring at each other, her mom got up and hugged before she turned around and introduced me to everyone there.