4- Never Have I Ever

"Mom, do I look good?" I Asked as I walked into the living room. She gasped and put her hand over her mouth to hold back her tears. "You look beautiful as always." She responded as she pulled me into a hug. She pulled out and looked at me with a smile. I just laughed as she dramatically cried.

I wasn't going to lie, I was feeling myself. I had always wanted to wear this outfit to events, but Mason always made me feel so shitty about showing any skin, so I never did. It didn't matter though because tonight it finally got its moment and I loved it.

I made sure that my hair was curled to look like I hadn't curled it at all

My mom and I were talking about safety and making sure not to push myself too far. "I don't want a grandchild anytime soon." She had a very straight face even though I knew she was joking. I shoved her onto the couch as she laughed. "What? That boy you keep talking about is very cute and I was just making sure you knew I didn't want one." She told me as she grabbed my hand. I was going to say a smart-ass comment back, but I got a text from Gavi letting me know that he was here. I wished my mom goodbye before walking out to his car.

I got in and was closing the door when I said hi to him. I didn't hear a response so I looked over to see him checking me out. I suddenly got really self conscious. It took a moment for him to come back to his senses. When he did, he pretended like that whole interaction didn't happen.

We drove a little ways in silence. The wheels in my brain were turning as I thought of everything that could go wrong tonight. "They will love you. I swear." He said, breaking me out of my thoughts. I nodded and went back to my intrusive thoughts. It had just been so long since people actually liked me and it was hard to think that they would actually let me into their group so easily.

We pulled up to the house and Gavi came over to open the door for me. I happily took his hand as he pulled me out of his car. As we were walking up to the door, our pinky fingers brushed each other and I took a sharp breath in trying to quiet the butterflies in my stomach. We made it to the front door and I was going to knock on the door when he stopped me. "Jules, this is my second house. You can just walk in." He smiled at me as he pushed the door open. He walked in and I stood on the porch trying to gather myself.

He came back out a couple of minutes later. "Come on!!" He exclaimed as he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the house. I walked in and just like last night, the vibe in the room was kind of awkward. Everyone said hi to Gavi (and I, but mostly Gavi). I took a step back and was mostly standing behind him. I was scared how powerful, rich, and talented these people were. He walked over and sat down on a couch, which left me standing there looking like an idiot.

After a while of standing there, the blonde girl I met yesterday, Mikky, motioned me over to sit next to her on a bean bag. I did as I was told and sat down on it making sure not to flash anyone.

Slowly but surely I warmed up to the people in the room with me. They all seemed really nice and friendly. At first we were just talking and joking around when Pedri suggested we play never have I ever. Everyone followed him into the bar area and I kind of got scared. I had never drank before and I didn't know if tonight was the night to start. Everyone got their shots ready and then they all looked over at me standing there. Looking dumb. "Are you playing?" A boy, who later found out was Balde, asked. I nodded my head yes and he poured me a shot.

I walked over and sat in between Gavi and Mikky. "I'll go first." Pedri said. "Never have I ever crashed a car." Mikky and Frenkie took shots. Everyone looked at them. "Long story." They said to everyone who was now looking at them for answers. "I'll go next," I said, making everyone turn their attention to me. "Never have I ever asked someone for crush advice and they were the crush." I watched as Gavi, Sira, and Pedri drank. "That was a good one," Mikky said while elbowing me.

It went on like this for a while. Everyone had gone in a circle multiple times. We had been playing for hours and everyone was super drunk. I could tell that I was so far gone. We only stopped due to the fact that Eric was the only one who stayed sober because he had a partnership shoot the next morning. "Ok bedtime!!" He said and everyone whined, but he started to shoo them out.

I looked at Gavi with sad eyes and leaned on him. "I can't go home like this. My mom loves me, but she will see my head off." He drunkenly laughed at me. "Silly she can't cut your head off because that is bad." He said, causing me to drunkenly laugh. "Pedri can we stay here?" he asked looking over at Pedri. He wasn't as drunk as us and nodded in agreement. We both cheered and started to make our way upstairs.

I smelled of alcohol and beach from earlier that day. Pedri showed me his shower and I hopped in. When I got out and dried off, I saw that he had set clothes out for me to sleep in. I walked back into the living room where Gavi was already lying on one of the couches. "Look how nice Pedri is for giving me this hoodie and these boxers." I slurred as I fell onto the other couch. I heard him laugh from his palace on his couch. "EXCUSE ME?! I got you those clothes." He giggled while giving me a fake attitude. I laughed back at him, but fell asleep pretty fast after that.

______

Gavi's POV

I woke up to a pounding headache. I shifted around to see that I was one of Pedri's couches. Suddenly I jolted awake, realizing that I didn't know where Jules was. I looked over to see her peacefully sleeping on the other couch. I smiled when I saw her all curled up in my hoodie that was oversized on her. It was burgundy and it contrasted her blonde hair just perfectly. 

I don't know why I did, but I got up off my couch and walked over to hers. I sat down on the side that she wasn't using and started to lightly scratch her head. She shifted around and I thought she woke up, but instead she just moved herself closer to where I was. I just sat there and admired her. 

She was pretty.

I had been sitting like that for a little bit when Pedri walked in. When he saw me he chuckled. I looked up at him and he motioned me into the kitchen. I slowly moved her off my lap and got up to follow him. When I got in there, the lights burned my eyes. I squinted as Pedri handed me some meds and a glass of water. I nodded as a thank you and went to sit down at the island. "Be real with me. Do you like her?" Pedri asked me. I choked on the pill that I was trying to take. I then took a deep breath and looked at him. "Is it that obvious?" I asked, giving him a serious look. 

"Is what obvious?" Jules asked, forcing us to look up at her. Pedri smiled and got up. He walked over and handed her something he gave me. "Go sit down and take a break." He said to her as he lightly shoved her towards the chair next to me. She downed the pills fast and put her head down.

A couple minutes later, Pedri slid two plates of breakfast in front of us. Jules took it fast and started to eat. I could tell she was squinting her eyes too. We all ate silently as we tried to recount anything that happened last night. After we were all done Pedri refused to let us clean so we both went back into the living room. "Do you have to get home for any reason? Or can you chill with us?" I asked her as we both flopped down on the couch.  "I can stay here as long as you need me." She leaned her head back and smiled at me. I grabbed a throw blanket and draped it over both our bodies.

I started to watch a documentary about F1 racing. We were halfway through the episode and Pedri had joined us back in the living room. I wasn't really paying attention. Instead I was thinking about asking Jules to come to my upcoming game. I was mid-thought when I felt a weight on my shoulder. I looked down to see that Jules had fallen asleep. I snaked my arm around my shoulders and prayed that she liked me too.