Prologue: New Huntsman

No One Pov / Continent Anima

Sixteens Years ago

It was a quiet night in the outskirt of Mistral as there was a small town far from the Kingdom. The street was silent as only people patrolling were the nightguards doing their duty, making sure no Grimm will try and destroy their home or any bandits planning to strike. Every building had no lives in them while everyone were asleep, one house had a light reflecting off the living room window. 

In the living room there are two people, a husband and a wife. The two were professionals Huntsmen and Huntresses, however due to the difficult situation they've had defending everyone from hordes of Grimm, also having to be separated from each other, they decided to get away from it just for awhile. They were planning on staying at a cabin far out into the wilderness near a large lake. 

They had their suitcases and were ready to leave, when the door knocked. 

They weren't expecting a visit from anyone, or why they were knocking in the middle of the night. So the husband decided to walk up towards the door and open it, standing there was an old man with a sick expression on his face and carrying what appears to be a small baby in his arms. 

Aiden: "My goodness, please come in!" The husband usher the old man to the couch and asked his wife if she could brew up some tea for the old gentlemen.

Time passes, the two couples were watching the old man as he was checking up his grandchild making sure his blanket was nice and tuck. 

Aiden: "Do you know anything about him?" He asked his wife, but she shook her head.

Olivia: "I don't think I've seen him in all my life"

The tea was ready, Olivia hurried to the stove and settle the kettle onto a other cooktop. She made the tea and both went back into the living room and offer the old man his tea.

???: "Thank you, kind ma'am" He grab the tea with his free hand and took a small sip.

Aiden: "If you don't mind me asking this, but what are you doing here?"

The old man sighed for a while, before he attended to his grandchild stirring in his sleep. The old man started to talk and told them about his name, Frederick L/n, and with him was his Grandchild, Y/n L/n. Frederick told them about the death of his Son and his Daughter-in-law. He told them about leaving Vale and went to Mistral in hoping of finding someone who were look after his grandson, but no one willing accept to adopt Y/n. He told them that before he came to this place, he ended up in a situation with bandits and only gotten away with a cut, that was left untreated. He now fears that he may not have much time left and is desperate for someone to look after Y/n. 

Aiden and Olivia look at each other with sympathy for Frederick. Olivia gesture her head towards Frederick.

Aiden: "Frederick" He looks at him "We were love to look after Y/n for you" 

Two months ago

Time pass, now Y/n is sixteenth years  old and is currently up in his room getting in his animal hide clothes. Y/n had his birthday ten months ago. Y/n is preparing to leave the cabin and explore Vale in hope of finding out who are his parents. 

Olivia: "Y/n, are you ready?" Hearing his mother downstairs calling to him, Y/n grab his sickles, Argent Curve. He yelled out 'I'm coming down', he opens the door and walk downstairs seeing his Father and his Mother standing there. His dad had a huge smile on his face seeing Y/n so grown up now, while his mother had tears in her eyes knowing that this might be the last time that they're ever see each other.