Chapter 37: Still Standing

(A/n: This takes place before Volume 4 began)

Beacon Academy

It was a cloudy day as the entire school was destroyed and the only beings still remains were Grimm. They roam the campus as there were no signs of human life. On top of Ozpin's officer, there were two beings that still remain in their stone statue, the giant Dragon Grimm, Wyvern, and Y/n, hybrid of Human and Grimm. 

The Wyvern's look to remain frozen, unable to break free. Y/n's was starting to crack open and the sound grew little by little, then it shatters releasing Y/n out and fell on his hands and knees, breathing heavily. Y/n look around at his surrounding, seeing the tower was badly damaged. He lifted his body upwards and took a look at his arms, they were still Grimm-like. 

Y/n: "I'm... okay" 

Y/n tried to stand up on his feet.

Y/n: "Woah!" 

However Y/n ended up falling back on his knees again. The second time, he took it slowly, taking his time to slowly rise up from the floor and gotten himself back on his feet. He look at his outfit and saw how ruined they were in, some were cover in burnt marks, while there were some loose hide. Y/n nodded at his situation and walked to the edge of the tower, looking down at the campus. 

Y/n: "What happened?" 

Y/n tried his best to remember anything he could think of, but he couldn't, his mind was in a blank, how long was he in there?

Y/n: "I need to find someone"

Y/n look behind him and saw two of his weapons, his LMG  'The Grimm Reaper' , and his Revolver 'Hunter's Brace' including Penny's sword. But for his second Revolver, Vulcan was damaged and doesn't look like it could be fix. 

He picked up his weapons, before glancing back at his outfit. 

Y/n: "I need to change" 

Y/n, sored, grew out a pair of Nevermore wings and made his down from Ozpin's office and landed on the ground where Grimms were crawling. He passed by Grimm, as they ignored him. Y/n found his way to his building and scurried around, looking for his other outfit and putting them on. Once Y/n had gotten himself all dress up, He tried to grab onto something, just like his mask. Y/n pause for a second as he realized that he doesn't have his mask anymore, plus there was no use for it anyway. 

Y/n sighed first before he spoke. 

Y/n: "I... the girls.... Wh-where are they?" 

Y/n proceed to pat himself down, looking for his Scroll. When he didn't feel it in his alternate outfit, he investigated his Hunter Outfit. He checked a pocket and felt something, but when he pulled out, it was his Scroll, but it was damaged. 

Y/n groaned in annoyance, seeing his Scroll in that state. 

Y/n: "Great, now how am I suppose to find them?"

Y/n paced around his dorm room, thinking of where they might be at. 

Y/n: "Patch" 

Y/n realized of where they might go. 

Y/n: "They must've went to Patch for Yang"

Suddenly, the thought of Yang floods his mind. 

Y/n(Softly): "Yang. I need to head there now" 

Y/n left his dorm and proceed to head out to the landing platforms. However before he could leave the platform, something else had spotted his eyes, the city of Vale. Y/n thought about Vale, wondering of what had happen to the city. Y/n sprouted a pair of Nevermore wings and took flight to Vale.