Chapter 40: Reunited

The Sea

Riding on a large boat, Blake was looking at the horizon of the ocean. The sound of seagulls flows by. Blake had a sad expression on her face as she was remembering how things went horribly wrong, it has been several months after the Fall of Beacon and Blake couldn't let the past go, not after what she seen.

The sound of children playing and laughing caught her attention just for a while, before looking back to the ocean. 

Captain: "Travelling alone?"

A voice called out to her, startling her as she reached for her weapon as she faced whoever talked to her. 

Captain: "Now, now. No threat here. Just here to chat" 

Blake sees the captain as he had his arms in the air, so she calmed herself and loosened her grip on her weapon. 

Blake: "And why is that?"

Captain: "Well, not many people travel by boat on their own. It can be quite a lonely voyage. But I found those that do, tend to have more... interesting stories"

Blake: "Maybe it's just better for some people to be alone"

The children on the dock came running by, scaring Blake by their laughter. The captain sees this and laughs. 

Captain: "Maybe. But with your paranoia I think a fewer friendly faces wouldn't hurt"

Blake: "Who says I'm paranoid?!"

Captain: "No one, dear. No one. I'll leave you be"

As the captain was preparing to leave Blake alone. 

Captain: "But uh, fair warning: these trips can be awfully boring. Many people normally have their loved ones with them"

Just hearing the captain says that, Blake's heart is saddened. Blake looked over at the ocean, reminiscing of what she saw back at Beacon. Months ago, she came back to Beacon Academy to see what remains. She found her way up to the tower and saw what terrifies her, what happened to Y/n. Blake tried to deny this, but in the end, she cried that day once she saw Y/n's weapons scattered on the ground. 

In the present day, Blake removed her bow off of her head and looked at it for a while, before she tossed it to the sea and walked away from the deck to live her life for Y/n.

Patch

Back on Patch, Yang can be seen sitting on the couch with a blank look on her face. She reached for the remote that was beside her and turned on the TV and began switching channel to channel. 

Reporter 1: "...With no end in sight. Try as they might, the local Huntsman and Huntresses can't seem to get a hold of the situation at Beacon Academy..." 

Reporter 2: "Though the failsafes have supported wireless communication within the kingdom, the loss of CCT tower continues to prevent contact with the outside world. Talks about Atlas officials regarding repairs have so far..."

Reporter 3: "Vale council voted this week to continue to ban any air traffic that does not have a direct correlation with evacuation. The council has made it clear that they feel"

Yang switches to another channel that reveals Adam Taurus presence during the attack on the Vytal Festival. Yang closes the TV and sits there for a while, before she reaches into her pocket and pulls out Adam's chip horn. 

The sound of the door opens up and Tai can be seen holding bags and boxes. 

Yang: "Hey, dad" 

Taiyang: "Guess what came in today!"