Chapter 23: No Brakes

Underground

Just strolling around the abandoned street were two White Fang soldiers with their standard weapons, looking out for some either suspicious or anybody not with them. 

White Fang Member 2: "Anybody to your left?"

White Fang Member 1: "Nope"

While they were continuing their walks, six individuals can be seen stalking behind them before they scooted to the nearest building to hide. Blake can be seen going to the other building, sneaking on the left White Fang. 

White Fang Member 2: "Hey"

White Fang Member 1: "Yeah?"

As the two faunus stop to look at each other, on their blind spot were Y/n's sickle. 

White Fang Member 2: "Do you ever wonder-"

  SLAM!

As the Argent Curve were magnetized to each other, their collided the White Fang soldiers together, knocking them out.  

After they were knocked out. Y/n, Blake, Weiss, Yang, Dr. Oobleck and Zwei came out of hiding. 

Oobleck: "Perfect, we must be nearby. Voices are up ahead"

Oobleck took lead as the students follow behind him. But right after they had taken a turn, they stumble upon a squad of White Fang. Both sides stares at each other, not one person dared to move. 

Y/n leans in. 

============================================================

Ruby was toss to the floor as Roman can be heard chuckling as he approaches her. 

Roman: "Wow, you are much more manageable without that oversize gardening tools of yours" 

Ruby growls before she ran towards Roman and was about to body check him, but Roman evaded her attack and she fell to the floor again.  

Roman chuckles again. 

Roman: "Oh man. Ya know. Perry, I really did need this *Laughs before exhaled* But seriously... How'd ya find this place, Red?"

Roman had the bottom of his cane underneath Ruby's chin. Ruby growled a little bit, before dashes away, leaving behind petals and Roman confused. 

Roman: "Huh?"

Roman looks to his sides before looking back. 

Roman: "Woah!"

Roman watches as Ruby was running away. Roman, instead of shooting her, he flips his cane around and aim his handle at Ruby. The handle of the cane became a hook as it was shot. The hook latched itself onto Ruby's hood and drag her back to Roman. 

Roman: "I see you've got some tricks up on your sleeves. Let me make this clear. We're not through yet" 

The next thing came after Roman's cane came into place was an massive explosion that shook the underground. Roman look up to see a cloud of dust up ahead. 

Roman: "Oh. what the-? Perry, if you and the boys could take care of that? Kind of in the middle of something"

Perry nodded and proceed to investigate what was going on, but before he and the other members could leave, another explosion caught their attention making them froze in places. 

Roman: "What is going on here?!"

A third explosion happen and multiple of White Fang soldiers can be seen running around the corner.

White Fang Member: "Run!"

A couple soldier turn around, firing at the unknown.

Taking a closer look. Ruby saw Dr. Oobleck along with  her teammates, Y/n and Zwei running behind the White Fang members. Roman was distracted, allowing Ruby to jump on his shoulder, pulls his hat down and jump off of him to run to her group.