Chapter 22: Mountain Glenn

Beacon Academy

It was night outside and General Ironwood can be seen standing on the edge of the landing platform staring at the city of Vale with Atlesian ships hovering around the buildings. 

The sounds of high heels could be heard coming from behind. 

Glynda: "Trouble sleeping?"

Ironwood look behind him. 

Ironwood: "Arms was acting up"

He said, gripping onto his shoulder. 

Goodwitch: "Ah, of course. So, logically, you got out of bed, dressed yourself completely and decided to gaze menacingly out into the distance. What's wrong?"

Glynda went up to his side with an concerned look. 

Ironwood: "I've trusted him for years. We both have. I just... I can't help but feel... like he's keeping us in the dark"

Glynda: "Don't be ridiculous. You know very well that we are not the ones in the dark"

Ironwood: "That makes it's worse. I refuse to believe that a man I've trusted for so long would act so... passively" 

Glynda: "You're a good person, James. You've always done what you think is the best for the people, even against strong protest. It's admirable. But it's high time you stopped talking about trust and started showing it. Ozpin had experience the rest of us lack. And I think that's something worth remembering"

Back to the Abandoned City

A full moon shines above the ruin buildings of Mount Glenn, with a lone Beowolf roaming around. The Grimm looks up to where Ruby was at, aiming her scopes. However Ruby lower her Crescent Rose and sighed while she was on the lookout. Surrounding the small fire was her teammates with weapons nearby and Dr. Oobleck resting up on the ceiling, laying against the wall. 

Yang woke up and didn't look tired or sleepy at the moment. 

Yang: "Blake, are you wake?"

Blake: "Yeah" 

Blake responded with her eyes closed. 

Yang: "What do you think he asked us about being a Huntress? Like... what was he trying to say?" 

Blake: "Maybe he was just curious"

Yang rolled over to face Blake. 

Yang: "You think?"

Blake: "No" 

Yang: "Weiss? Are you awake?"

Weiss: "Of course, I'm awake! You two are talking. And I think he... When I said I wanted to honor my family's name, I meant it. But.. it's not what you think. I'm not stupid. I'm fully aware of what my father has done with the Schnee Dust Company. Since he took control, our business operated in a... moral grey area" 

Blake: "That's putting it lightly"

Weiss: "Which is why I feel the need to make things right! If I had taken a job in Atlas, it wouldn't have changed anything. My father was not the start of our name, and I refuse to let him be the end of it" 

Blake: "All my life, I fought for what I thought  was right. I had a partner named Adam. More of a mentor, actually. He always assured me that what we were doing would make the world a better place. But of course, his idea of a perfect place turned out to be... not perfect for everyone. I joined the Academy because I knew Huntsman and Huntresses were regarded as the noble warriors in the world. Always fighting for good. But I never really thought past that. When I leave the Academy... What will I-? How can I undo so many years of hate?"