Chapter 4: Combat Practice

Few Days Later / Beacon's Library 

It has been a couple of days since Y/n came into Beacon Academy and with the help with Team Rwby and also the Staffs of Beacon, Y/n has barely caught up with the rest of first year. 

Ruby: "And with the help of Team Rwby-" Weiss interrupts her leader.

Weiss: "Also including the staff's help with all the 'problems' "

Ruby: "Y/n is almost caught up with us" 

Team Rwby and Y/n were hanging out in the library sitting around a table with books all scattered around. 

Yang: "So how is Beacon treating you, Y/n?" 

Y/n: "Everyone seem to have some concerns with me and my cover up face, but they do seem to understand a bit"

Blake: "Just give it some time and you can walk around without getting a glance from someone" 

Weiss: "And besides you got us incase somebody decided to harass you" 

The class bell ringed, alerting Rwby and Y/n that their break is over and need to head to their next class, Combat Class.

Yang: "Wait Y/n, isn't today gonna be your first time ever participating in combat class?"

Y/n: "I suppose so" 

Yang: "Then that means we can fight each other!" 

Weiss letted out a groan.

Weiss: "Yang, please. Knowing you, you'll might ended up causing more damage to him that he'll ever do to you" 

Blake: "It is his first time, Yang. Let Professor Goodwitch choose who he'll spar with" 

Yang: "Fine, but I'm not gonna be happy if it's not me" 

Both team went out of the library, with Team Rwby made their way to the combat training hall to grab their weapons and to change into their combat uniform, Y/n went to his dorm and change into his hunter outfit and grab Argent Curve before he close the door, hurrying back to combat class. 

Y/n found Ruby and her team sitting with Jaune and his team members. 

Ruby: "Hi Y/n, we save you a sit" Ruby patted the empty seat beside her.  

Y/n walk up over to Ruby and sat down with her teammates and Jnpr in one row of seats. Soon after many students had founded their seat, Glynda stepped forward into the center of the arena and addressed to the class. 

Glynda: "Alright class, for today's training exercise. We will be doing for one v one duels" 

For most students in the class were cheering, while the others seems to groan. 

The combat class seems to be going quite well with the bystanders cheering or booing as two students were fighting each other to the point of their aura being low. Y/n seems to be impressed at Ruby and her Friends being quite good at their different type of fighting, Ruby using her Crescent Rose for speed and momentum, Weiss and her elegancy, Blake and her stealthy approach and Yang. . . . .brutally pummeling her opponent. 

  So far the same thing goes for Jnpr with Nora swinging her hammer and sending her opponent to the wall, Ren and his close quarter combat and Pyrrha being the champion four times, she didn't look as nervous as she should be, she taken down her opponent with ease. However Jaune didn't seem to be a fighter then Y/n would have imagine him to be, ended up knocking him down in matter of seconds. 

Ruby: "You did good, Jaune!" 

Ruby cheered to Jaune, stumbling on his feet. Glynda checks out the time on her scroll and saw that they still had time for one more.