Chapter 15: Painting the Town

No One Pov

Ruby: "Penny, I-i don't understand"

Penny: "Most girls are born, but I was made. I'm the world's first synthetic person capable of generating an Aura... I'm not real" 

Ruby open Penny hands showing her metal parts and then places her hand over her closed fingers. 

Ruby: "Of course, you are" Ruby said. 

Ruby: "You think just because you've got nuts and bolts instead of squishy guts makes you any less real than me" 

Penny look down at her side, looking confused why Ruby is treating her like this. 

Penny: "I don't.. um taking this extraordinarily well" 

Ruby: "Well, that's all because of Y/n" 

Ruby smile as she look over at Y/n, which gotten Penny's attention.

Ruby: "Show her, it's safe. She can keep it a secret" 

As Penny tilted her head, Y/n removed the balaclava from his head and revealing his deadly paled skin, to Penny, who had her eyes widen. Ruby let go of Penny as she walk over towards Y/n inspecting his glowing eyes and black veins. Penny raise her hand and gently brush the tip of her finger against one of Y/n's black veins as it letted out a small pulse. 

Penny: "What are you?"

Y/n gives out a small smile before answering. 

Y/n: "I am a hybrid between Human and Grimm. Or one day, I would like to be called 'Chimera' "

Ruby snickered. 

Y/n: "Or something like that" 

Ruby came to Penny's side. 

Ruby: "You're not those things we saw back there. You've got a heart and a soul, I could feel it"

Penny couldn't hold her excitement as she grab Ruby for a hug. 

Penny: "Ooooh, Oh you guys! You're the best friends anyone could have!"

Ruby: "I can see why your father would want to protect such a delicate flower" 

Penny releases Ruby.

Penny: "Oh, he's very sweet! My father's the one that built me! I'm sure you would love him!" 

Ruby: "Wow, he built you all by himself?"

Penny: "Well, almost! He had some help from Mr. Ironwood"

Ruby: "The General!? Wait... is that why those soldiers were after you?"

Penny: They like to protect me, too!" 

Ruby scoffed.

Ruby: "They don't think you can protect yourself?"

Penny: "They're not sure if I'm ready. One day, it will be my job to save the world, but I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vytal Festival. I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world, and test myself in the Tournament"

Ruby: "Penny, what are you on about? Save the world from what? We're in a time of peace!"

Penny: "That's not what Mr. Ironwood said" Penny said in a confuse tone.

Soldier 1: "Check down here!" 

In a distance, Y/n, Ruby and Penny heard the sound of the two soldiers that were chasing them coming closer to their location. 

Penny: "You guys have to hide!" 

Penny grab both Y/n and Ruby without any difficulty and carried them over to a nearby dumpster.