Chapter 39: Remembrance

The Town

It was morning. Inside the motel where Y/n was sleeping in was starting to wake up. He looked over at the window where the curtains were closed, Y/n could see gaps of the sun were beaming through.

Y/n: "Finally morning, I should probably get going if I wanna see them"

Y/n quickly got himself out of the bed and began putting on his suit and his helmet before he left his room.

Y/n walked out of the motel and proceeded to head down the street and towards the path where Ruby, Jaune, Nora and Ren were walking on. But before he could even leave, a voice called out to him.

Blacksmith: "Thought you might be up this early"

Looking behind him, Y/n saw that it was the Blacksmith from before.

Y/n: "I wanna say thank you, for the motel and letting me know what they are going. Now that I know where they will be going, I'll head off"

Blacksmith: "Ah, don't worry about that. It's nice to help someone out. But still..."

The Blacksmith looked at Y/n from top to bottom, before he spoke.

Blacksmith: "About the group of Huntsman that were here long before you came. What is your connection to them?"

Y/n: "I'm a friend"

The Blacksmith chortled at Y/n.

Blacksmith: "Highly doubtful. You don't look exactly like a 'friend', not with the colour of your suit and your helmet. So tell me, what are you to them?"

Feeling suspension coming off of the Blacksmith. Y/n viewed his surroundings and noticed that there were a small number of civilians in the street as of right now. Y/n sighed since he had no choice, he looked back at the Blacksmith and asked him something.

Y/n: "Did you notice something off of a certain, girl? The one with silver eyes, of course"

Blacksmith: "Yeah. When they came into my workshop, the silver eye girl wanted me to help her with something, a broken mask. It took me a while to repair that mask, but once I had finished it and represented it to her. She says something to me, something like 'Thanks for bringing him back'"

Y/n hands made their way up to his helmet. Y/n removes his helmet and revealing his face to the Blacksmith.

The Blacksmith was taken back by his sudden appearance, his deadly pale skin, his black and red eyes and black veins on his face.

Y/n: "Ruby Rose, that's the name of the silver eye girl. The reason why she loved that mask is because I, wore that mask, before she believed that I was killed"

Y/n placed his helmet back on his head and then he opened up one of his pockets and pulled out a picture he had with him and showed it to the Blacksmith.

Y/n: "Also, she is my girlfriend. That is the reason why I am trying to find her, to let her know that I am still alive"

After hearing Y/n's explanation, the Blacksmith calmed down and smiled.

Y/n: "Do you believe me now?"

Blacksmith: "Yeah, that's all I needed to hear. You should better get going now, reunite with your girlfriend and good luck"

Y/n: "Thank you"

Y/n put the picture away and jogs his way down the path, leaving the town and back into the forest.

Team RNJR

Ruby: "So, the next town is"

Walking down on the path, Jaune, Nora and Ren were following Ruby, as she was taking a look at a large map, trying her best to find out where they are and what is nearby.