Fifty Seven

Alessia's POV

"I'll miss you," I watch Charles say softly as he holds Ruby, the outfit he'd insisted that I picked out for him currently complementing his tanned skin. It was also perfectly matching Ruby's outfit which was something I hadn't realised when I found the olive coloured short sleeved shirt and paired it with the black skinny jeans he was now wearing, his normal jewellery and Ray Bans completing the look and while I knew it wasn't as stylish as something that Lewis would wear - it was definitely a very different outfit to what he would normally wear. It would likely go viral because it was good and the shirt is a little more oversized than what he would normally pick, making it all look a little more stylish. "I will see you later and I will do my best for you," I hear him continue to whisper, finding myself looking away as I feel like I'm intruding on their moment together.

It's very cute.

The last couple of days had gone well - still no more real talk done but I saw the relief on Charles's face when he came into my room the day after Ruby's birthday and all my stuff was still hanging up in the wardrobe instead of packed away in my suitcase like I had planned on it being. I didn't know if Charles still wanted to talk but he didn't try, he wasn't pushing it and I think he was trying to take the victories as they came. I was quite happy with that decision as well, I didn't want to push it because I didn't want to trigger another argument and end up wanting to leave again.

So we had fun, the three of us going out and about the day after Ruby's birthday, hats on as we explored a few of the sights of Bahrain while flying under the radar. Looking for all intents and purposes like a normal family and that was how I liked it, enjoying the small talk and making memories with Ruby, taking photos that we would cherish forever. Even checking online the last couple of days, there were no photos seen of us out and that was reassuring to me as well, flying under the radar was proving to be very possible.

"I'll see you later?" Charles asks, distracting me from my thoughts as he walks back towards me. As he places Ruby back in my arms, he looks away from me, trying to hide the torn look in his eyes - clearly not wanting to leave her.

"Of course... now go get that pole position car boy," I affirm to him and watch the smile widen on his face as some of the torment fades and he nods, eyes meeting mine. He leans forward once more to press a kiss to Ruby's forehead, resting a hand on my waist as he always did so that he could balance himself when getting in close. However, different from before - instead of fully pulling away, he leans back in to press a kiss to my cheek.

"Got it boss - I'll do my best!" He says brightly and before I can formulate a response - the door was closing behind him. Leaving me with our daughter, a host of butterflies in my stomach and a distinct feeling of fire where his lips had grazed my cheek.

The way he said 'boss', the way it kept on falling from his lips without a second thought was becoming uncanny. Did he know the blush it created on my cheeks? The way my stomach flipped and my heart skipped a beat with the way his eyes shone cheekily at me when he said it? His dimples appearing wider with his smile as the words read like a subliminal promise.

"Your dad... is very confusing," I whisper to Ruby as I walk her back towards my room, still needing to get dressed for the day ahead. Qualifying day and it looked better than Charles would admit to himself or to me. Ferrari was fast, they were much closer to Red Bull than this time last year and right by Mercedes, it seemed like the natural order had been restored to Formula One.

While Charles was at the track, I was getting ready for a day of playing with Ruby and working when she was napping. I just had one problem as I looked at the joggers I was planning on wearing and that problem was Kiraz's message to me this morning.