Seventy Four

Smut warning
Alessia's POV

"I love you Alessia," he says, the words breathy, practically a moan until I immediately sit up in shock. I look at him, eyes wide and discerning, watching his eyes close and his jaw clench. It looked as though he was annoyed at himself that they'd slipped out. That was scary because that meant they were more likely to be true than if he was just as shocked as me.

I try desperately to move away but at the same time his jaw clenched, his hands had tightened their grip on my waist and he holds me in place. The breath is caught in my throat when his eyes snap open, panic clear on his face, a look I'm sure is mirrored on my own.

"N-no, please don't freak out on me now," he begs as my eyes redirect themselves to anywhere but him. "Alessia... I-I didn't mean it, it was just heat of the moment. I promise!"

I shake my head as I look to the side, seeing a photo of him me and Ruby on the wall of the yacht... from the day a few weeks ago when we were right here with her. I want this life. I want Ruby to have two parents that get on and worked together to give her the best life possible. I wanted to save this, I wanted to believe him. "You promise?" I ask him slowly and he stutters over his words once more, his eyes unconvincing as he promises me he doesn't mean it. "Okay," I tell him, taking his face back in my hands, letting my thumbs graze the rough stubble that he needs to shave before we leave for the track tomorrow. "Okay," I repeat again, bringing his lips to mine again, relishing in the way that he loosens his grip just enough to let me breathe as he fights to keep our lips connected. "Okay."

It wasn't totally okay though... I knew that, I could see it in his eyes. I could feel it in the way that he kissed me, the fire that danced from his fingers, tattooing my skin with his touch as he went along. I knew he was lying when he said he didn't mean it...

...but right now I didn't care. I wanted him in this moment too bad, I wanted the moment that had created Ruby. I wanted everything that was coming my way before he said those words. Ever since Kiraz had pointed out that I was missing physical intimacy the need for it had been building and after the date with Charles and the day on the boat, that need had built so much that I now felt like I was having withdrawal from him.

I didn't have the strength to reject his lie, not when I needed his touch so bad. So I let him think that I believed it. I let every kiss wipe away the guilt, every touch of his hands directly on my skin work it's magic as he brought one hand up to my jaw and I knew that he was as hungry and desperate for this as I was. I didn't know if he knew that I knew he was lying but I didn't care, my entire body was tingling with excitement and anticipation as he held me close to him.

"Alessia... where's the line?" He asks between kisses and I make a sound of confusion but continue to have a head empty of thoughts that aren't his touch, his lips coming to mine in every moment that he wasn't kissing me. "When do I stop? What's the limit?" He asks and I just shake my head, frustrated that he kept on breaking the kiss as I pulled back.

"There's no limit - not for tonight... not on th-"

"The boat?" Charles finishes the sentence for me as I nod rapidly as I wait for his response. "Okay... then we need to leave," he continues and I look at him in total confusion, my chest rising and falling rapidly before the hurricane of emotions can consume me, I realise he's picked me up and has begun moving.

"Charles what are you doing?!" I scream as my mind comes back once more but I can no longer tell what is happening and he chuckles.

"No limit means that I am going to do this right Alessia. You can yell at me in the morning - or yell my name in two minutes, either way the choice is yours," he whispers in my ear as he continues to carry me, my legs wrapped firmly around his waist as he uses one hand to unlock the door, pressing another softer, more gentle kiss to my lips.