Duets (Hold it there!)

Your POV:

Quinn and I were sitting next to each other in the choir room then the bill rings "What are you doing?" I ask her "Homework." she says and i smile at her and she smile at me "All right, let's gather around." Mr. Schue says and everyone sits down "Sorry I'm late, guys. Ahem. I was with Principal Figgins. Bad news, guys. Puckermans in juvie." Mr. Schue says and i get up "Yes!!" I say "It really was just a matter of time." Tina says "I hundred percent agree!" I say "What did he do?" Quinn asks "He drove his moms Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with an ATM." Mr. Schue says and we all laugh "And when is he getting out?" Rachel asks "Hopefully never." I say quietly and Quinn looks at me and I shrug my shoulders "Unknown." Mr. Schue says " He might be the dumbest person, and that's coming from me." Brittany says and i laugh "Nice Britt!" I say and i give her a high five "Guys. Let's have some sympathy." Mr. Schue says " For a guy who put his needs before the teams? We need his voice and his bad-boy stage presence." Finn says " We can't look at this as a crisis. It's an opportunity." Me. Schue says " For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Quinn asks " For welcoming our new member, Sam Evans." Mr. Schue says and Sam walks in "There he is." Mr. Schue says and Quinn can't keep her eyes off of him "How's it going? Hey, everybody. I'm Sam. Sam I am. And I don't like green eggs and ham." Sam says and i look at him "Oh wow, he has no game." Santana says and i chuckle " Okay. This is gonna be great. You're not gonna regret joining, Sam." Finn says and gets up and shakes his hand "Oh, good." Sam says "Sam. Sit right there." Finn says "All right. Question for the group. What's a duet?" Mr. Schue says " A blanket." Brittany says " A duet is when two voices join to become one. Great duets are like a great marriage. The singers complement each other, push each other to be better." Mr. Schue says and i space out for a bit "And that is what duets are all about." Mr. Schue says and i get out of my thoughts " So, this week, I want you to pair up and sing a duet. And since you guys all seemed to love our little " Defying Gravity" diva-off, im making this a competition." Mr. Schue says and Quinn and I look at each other "What's the winner get?" Mike asks " Dinner for two, on me, at Breadstix." Mr. Schue says and everyone starts talking "We have to do this and win!" I say to Quinn "Who would we be if we don't?" Quinn asks and we laugh and give each other a high five "Breadstix is a must!" I say and Santana looks at me "Woah, Hudson slow down. I'm gonna win this." Santana says " Sure , Sanny." I say.

The next day at school I see Kurt and Finn talking at lunch and I walk over to Finn. " Is everything alright between you and Kurt?" I ask him "Um yeah we were just talking." Finn says " Is this about Kurt and Sam doing a duet?" I ask him "You know about it?" he asks me " Yes. Look, Finn it's fine if he does wanna do a duet with him." I say and he looks at me " You're not gonna eat?" he asks me completely changing the subject " The soccer team wants to go out and eat lunch." I say and he nods my head and we both went out separate ways and I see Sophie "Hey, you." I say "Hey." she says and i see everyone else "You guys ready?" Kate asks us "Yup. Let's go." I say and we all leave and go to Sophie house for food. Which her mom makes the best chicken fajitas ever. The next day I saw Sam get slushed and then Quinn helps him and I walk away. Why am I so jealous about this? It's really dumb. I shouldn't be. Quinn can do whatever she wants, it's not like we're together or anything at all. We're just friends. And that's all we're gonna be. The next day Santana and Mercedes were doing their duet

When I was a little girl

I had a rag doll

Only doll I've ever owned

Now I love you just the way

I loved that rag doll

But only now my love has grown

And it gets stronger

I'm every way

And it gets higher